Anxiety as an outgrowth of inadequacy?

theoutsider

This hasn't been the case for me. I've had SA on some level for as long as I can remember (I used to think it was just shyness). But before it really started being a major issue in my life, I was outgoing, successful in dating and always joking/laughing. I never felt inadequate at all. In fact I always felt like I could do anything I set my mind to. To an extent I still feel this way. I have SA but I still feel that I can beat it (no matter how many bad days I have).

Kiwong

I didn't feel inadequate until I went to high school. I guess I was always sensitive and the bullies latched onto that, making me feel less than worthless, and building in me a hatred of myself and a life long distrust in people.

Last edited:

Froggy246

On a conscious level I think I am perfectly adequate but perhaps there are some feelings of inadequacy lurking in my subconscious from the past that makes me unsure of myself. And in feeling unsure of myself I start looking to other people for validation, and in turn I feel as if I’m constantly singing for my supper so to speak, which I guess would create the anxiety.

Yes I think this may be true for me, inadequate in terms of my history and previous years of unemployment, no gf, depression etc. Regardless of how I feel and whether I'm working atm those degenerate years and lack of independence takes its toll on ones self esteem and ego and may take many years to overcome? Perhaps that't it, my history makes me feel inadequate and anxious...

Froggy246

Yes I think this may be true for me, inadequate in terms of my history and previous years of unemployment, no gf, depression etc. Regardless of how I feel and whether I'm working atm those degenerate years and lack of independence takes its toll on ones self esteem and ego and may take many years to overcome? Perhaps that't it, my history makes me feel inadequate and anxious...

Yea maybe it comes down to bad wiring.