Anxiety getting worse....

Angel_Of_Death

I'm 24, and in the last couple of months it seems my social anxiety is getting worse and worse. The symptoms are also getting more intense, specially the sweating which often goes out of control. It seems that social situations that I was able to handle before, meaning I'd be nervous but still in control are now becoming unbearable and out of control. My main purpose is to get better, not worse, this has got me worried.

Between age 19 and 23 I'd say that my situation was improving. Specially around age 22, where I started changing a bit personality wise, becoming less shy and showing better social skills. But the past 7-8 months it seems it's going in the opposite direction...and now things are getting real bad.

The sweating is really what's killing me, as it's extremely embarrassing. It's weird because I didn't have this problem before, even tough I had SA. I've had the sweating symptoms only since May or June this year, that's when it started.

So my questions to you guys are...

1- Do you personally feel your anxiety is getting better or worse ?

2- What are the causes of anxiety getting worse, is this normal ?

3- About the sweating, how would you explain me getting a symptom of SA that I didn't have before all of a sudden like that ?

4- What can/should I do ?

aussie135

Mine only started to worsen when I found out I had SA. This weekend was the first weekend I didnt go out it 3 years. It is pissin me off.

Go get help with a therapist. If you are worried about the sweating go to a GP and he can perscribe some medication to get rid of the physical symptoms of SA.