Any Zoloft Users?

Tuukka40

For the people who are on, or have tried the prescription medication "Zoloft"...
Did it work for you? If so, in what specific ways? I keep trying to find some real feedback, but I can't find much more than a "it works for me" type of response. Basically, I am just looking for examples of how it has improved your SA. Or, if it didn't work, let me know that, too!

Thanks guys!

nicole1

I did at one point. It was ok. I felt numb. Physically and emotionally. My anxiety went up. I was having panics in class which is why I went to the doctor to begin with. It didn't help, which is my experience with any medication.

I have been on it for several years. It is the only reason I am still alive actually. :thumbup:

It has not helped with my SA (but it has not made it any worse), I don't know why doctors seem to think might help. :idontknow:
However it has helped keep my suicidal thoughts under control and keeps my depression out of the "I can't bear this anymore" type stage.

It has affected my short term memory, it has made me a bit numb (but I like that!:bigsmile:) and it will cause significant weight gain if your on it long term.

The only way to know if it is for you or not is to try it. Good luck :)

I am on Zoloft for depression too. I had weight gain and short memory too but i am not depressed anymore. Sometimes i think i should quit it.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Tried zoloft. I started gaining weight. But I stopped using because it made me feel 'greyed out' emotionally.

squidgee

I'm currently on Zoloft 100mg a day. Have been on these meds for about 12 weeks, and I have noticed my social anxiety dipping down a little bit. Things like walking in public and answering the phone feel more tolerable, though I still get a bit nervous and self-conscious. I'd say my anxiety has gone down by about 30% or so. Whether that's because of the meds or just more social exposure, I don't know. Besides one slightly embarrassing but minor issue, I also haven't had any adverse side effects. I think I'll be going to my doctor soon and see whether a higher dose will bring the anxiety down even more.