Anyone never worked before?

gsmax5

I feel so embarressed about myself because i am 27 and still never had a job in my life. ::(:

That makes me feel a little better. I'm 17 and have never had a job in my life, and I don't plan on ever getting one. I can't imagine doing hand labor; even if it's for money. If I get an office job, that will be OK except for its having a humiliating social environment, but it will at least be better than school since not everyone is your peer.

I want to become a hobo.

Shift

I try to get a job, but they all say I don't have enough experience! Even with all of my qualifications and stuff. IF YOU GIVE ME A JOB I CAN GET EXPERIENCE DAMMIT!

"Degrees don't mean s*** in today's world" is what someone once told me. I don't know if it is true.

Well I'm at college now, not university college one down from that, but I have a feeling it will all be worthless. I would love to join one of my nation's armed forces, but I have a feeling due to my disability I may not be able to pass the fitness standards required. But once I move out I'll spend a year beating myself into shape and I'll give it a shot!

The experience thing is sort of kicking my butt too. It's like you can't get a job unless you have had a job before...

I haven't had a real job. Nothing steady that I go to every week anyway.

I was a sushi waitress, but I got fired after two days because I am too quiet.

And then there is nude modeling. I did that for four days and then was told I wasn't allowed to because I am a student at the college I was modeling for. But then I got called to come in again tomorrow and Wednesday. Don't know what's up with that. I'm probably going to get in trouble.

With your social anxiety issues, how were you able to do nude modeling? Just wondering how that went.

I'm 23 and I've had 2 jobs since the age of 16. But there's a catch - they both didn't last longer than 3 months because of the SA. I feel like I have never worked before. I don't really like the idea of "work" anyway, though.

I went to college for art...good because art is the one thing that I believe really helps me with depression and social anxiety, but bad because it took me 6 months after graduation just to get an internship...the arts are really difficult, especially because of the current economy...and my job interview anxieties...anyway, my current job is fairly anti-social and it still makes me a nervous wreck everyday, but I'm consciously working on it and trying to not give up hope. don't let yourself believe there aren't jobs out there for people like us. it wasn't the best, but I had friends who worked the overnight shift at stores stocking shelves (which pays way more than working during the day) and knew people who worked in kitchens at restaurants and only had to interact with the same few people everyday. Also, with the internet, there's a big industry now for writing or editing, especially for blogs, which is 100% telecommute. There are a million telecommute jobs out there, you just have to look and keep trying.

P.S. Don't ever feel embarrassed or bad about not working, and don't let yourself think you can't do it. Other people and their opinions don't matter - YOU matter.

<3
DD

mrb

iv worked all my life building sites , factorys , i ran my own 3 and half ton vans for a few years , made a lot of money ... now i work for a company ,house removals we go all over the uk , ireland , france , spain , portugal ect ect but its always a bit slow this time of year work wise .... but its slowly picking up , iv always been a bit awkward round people , if i can get away with mixing i will , i avoid it , dont go to partys or stuff like that , but im ok with customers .... guess its just mild sa ....

mrb

im 32 had loads of jobs when i was younger.
when i was around 20 i was a van driver and i loved it
but well to cut a long story short,,,,,,,
me and my wee brother hired a car, got drunk and then went to find the lochness monster.
we got as far as inverness i think, before i crashed into someones house, there was no escape! we did try though, but outracing a cop car in a 1.1 corsa didnt work!
i look back on it and say to myself "well it wasnt my fault someone built a ****in house, in the middle of the ****in road"!

of course it wasnt your fault mate :D that did make me laugh :D

recluse

iv worked all my life building sites , factorys , i ran my own 3 and half ton vans for a few years , made a lot of money ... now i work for a company ,house removals we go all over the uk , ireland , france , spain , portugal ect ect but its always a bit slow this time of year work wise .... but its slowly picking up , iv always been a bit awkward round people , if i can get away with mixing i will , i avoid it , dont go to partys or stuff like that , but im ok with customers .... guess its just mild sa ....

It's weird because i'm also fine with customers almost gregarious but when it comes to stuff outside of work i become reclusive. I think that because i am motivated by money at work i am happy to put on a persona, perhaps i if i was paid to go to parties i'd do the same:confused:

mrb

It's weird because i'm also fine with customers almost gregarious but when it comes to stuff outside of work i become reclusive. I think that because i am motivated by money at work i am happy to put on a persona, perhaps i if i was paid to go to parties i'd do the same:confused:

would you ? i still wouldnt lol ::p: