anyone want to talk?

Kien

If you google for shy guys and such you will see things like "why women don't like shy guys", "shy guys finnish last", "shy guys never gets to kiss the pretty girl" etc. I myself understand why women does not like shy or often called "nice guys." I have red swedish articles as well (I am from sweden).

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah high school can be rough sometimes :? Theres so much peer pressure about how you look and who you hang about with,and if your not perfecty "normal"lol or maybe average is a better work... eg too skinny,overweight,tall,small or stand out in any way its picked up on.It doesnt suprise me that most people with sa/sp find they started having problems at school.

And i really understand about being scared to ask for help.. i was the same,and tbh i didnt really understand what was happening to me at the time.I was scared people wouldnt believe me and all sorts of daft things.Alot of people find it so hard to open up to people about our illness,(theres been so many posts on here like "how do i tell my doctor ect").

Anyway by advice would be if you decide you want to try and get help go and see your doctor,write a list about how you feel beforehand and take it in with you incase you get a bit anxious and tounge tied.Or say you stummbled across a site about social anxiety and found it really described the problems your going through.

Argamemnon

Kien said:
If you google for shy guys and such you will see things like "why women don't like shy guys", "shy guys finnish last", "shy guys never gets to kiss the pretty girl" etc. I myself understand why women does not like shy or often called "nice guys." I have red swedish articles as well (I am from sweden).
And why do you think girls don't like shy guys? I think simply because that's how the human mind works. Shyness is not deemed attractive by most people, since most people are extroverted. I personally find shy girls much more attractive, since I'm shy myself.

bleach

Banned
Argamemnon said:
Kien said:
And why do you think girls don't like shy guys? I think simply because that's how the human mind works. Shyness is not deemed attractive by most people, since most people are extroverted. I personally find shy girls much more attractive, since I'm shy myself.

Evolutionary psychology... men are supposed to be aggressive, domineering, confident, etc. A more assertive mate serves as a better provider for the woman/family, or that's the theory anyway.

That frame of thinking seems a little silly when applied to modern society, unless you consider that the reasons for attraction are mostly subconscious.

miriah

to everyone who commented on shy guys...i understand a little how girls like guys who are not shy because they want guys to do everything pretty much, but i would like a shy guy better because he would understand me more than any other guy would.

dan: yeah high school does make things harder and i am either really quite or when im with my friends really loud so i feel like people think im weird and dont care to hang out with me and it makes me feel really lonely.

the idea about writing the symptoms down sounds like it would make things eaier, because knowing myself i would get in there and my doctor would ask me what was wrong and i would end up getting to scared and say i dont know r nothing or something along those lines. so if i ever do decide to seek help i will do that.

de: hello =] thank you for posting a comment

miriah

shy: haha yeah pretty much every person i have met in my life has said that to me. lol i dont know why but its nice having people to talk to

miriah

everyone takes life to seriously sometimes...i personally think that most of the things people worry about are stupid but i will admit that i too worry about them from time to time...i wish we wouldn't have to though

miriah

i dont talk much in person...i just find it a lot easier on the internet

i guess it would be pronounced the second way but everyone does it the first way lol...my name is spelt that way because my mom didnt know how to spell it :roll: lol

Danfalc

Banned
miriah said:
i dont talk much in person...i just find it a lot easier on the internet

i guess it would be pronounced the second way but everyone does it the first way lol...my name is spelt that way because my mom didnt know how to spell it :roll: lol

I think its cool ya mum or as you yanks say your "mom" :D spelt it the wrong way,its really unique and suits you.Just thought id post in here because i havnt seen you on here for a while and thought id say ello and see how your doing.

Im really quite in person aswell.I actualy find it hard to talk to people even if i want to,my mind goes blank or even if i know what i want to say the words are hard to get out.I find it easier on the net aswell,tho i still feel very insecure.... even writing posts like this or sending emails.Do you find that or do you feel you can be like your true self online? :)

Anyway i hope school is going okay for you,are you coming up to your exams or anything at the moment?Im sorry aswell you feel really lonley at school,I know i dont know you but im pretty sure people dont think your weird just because your quite.And being quite is better than being a loudmouth shit chatter who bores everyone to death :wink:

Anyway talk soon maybe take care