Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Nope.

"What's up?

'Nothin'

Alright, see ya later.

'Later."

It's just the way it is.

Same here. Though, am not that close to any of ma family, to be honest - I much prefer keeping to myself.

As far as being close with my siblings is concerned... Nut, nay chance!

Aye, ah tolerate them, but ah don't particularly like or love 'em. Mainly due to how they used to treat me growing up. Ironically, my oldest sister the only yin who didnae scar me physically. Oh! And they're annoying, petty and immature. Ah used to be quite close with my oldest sister when ah was a wee lad, but not so much as I've gotten older. We still have a few things in common, aside from that we're not that close.

Huv'nae got anything in common with my older sister, we don't like the same music, movies or TV shows. And it's rare if we do. But even then ah don't like being around her because she has a tendency to fly off the handle if ya saying something she perceives to be wrong. An' am talking pure raging, like... Shouting, slamming door, tears.

Nanita

My brother lives in another country and we have never been close. We will probably never really have a relationship.
My sister and I see each other but only when I visit her (and her husband and their 3 children). They never visit me and they never accept my (rare) invitations, sometimes they don't even reply if I ask them to go do something or if I invite them to my place.
It makes me feel rejected, alone, worthless.

Requiescat

That's unfortunate, sorry I cannot offer any advice as it seems you've literally done everything you can! I have two step sisters who are older than me eho I have only seen a couple of times at most and have never had anything to do with. I have one younger sybling who is what I consider my only sister. She is four years younger than me. We generally get along well and do have a very good understanding of how the other thinks and their tendencies. But she likes to be a bit domineering sometimes and is a bit snappy and whiny, which I find very difficult to cope with for long stretches of time. It seems that our relationship is founded on my capacity for restraint and patience more than anything elsr. The past three years I have been feeling a lot less connected. We live in the same house as well so that's been an obstacle at times.

defiance

Not at all. The person i am forced to live with is a constant headache. I'm the older brother but hes the gym freak and i do get bullied quite a bit by him. I cannot stand him. We have nothing in common at all. For my moms sake i am forced to pretend that everything is fine between us and that kills me inside. As if I didn't have enough problems dealing with severe anxiety and depression. But what can i do because talking to him doesn't help since he is thick headed and always makes it seem that somehow it's my fault. I just don't know how much more of this i can take. If i wasn't dealing with anxiety and depression this might be easier to deal with. I just don't know anymore. I am also not close to my father. I feel as if my brother is a spitting image of my dad but worse. My dad and my brother haven't spoken in a while because they cannot stand each other. My mom is the only one that matters to me. If she wasn't here i am sure that i probably would have nothing tying me to this world anymore.

Last edited:

Monkish1

It took effort, but my younger sister by four years is amicable to a relationship now that we are older(30 and 34). We share similar attitudes and feelings. She can be depressed and unfriendly, and I can be anxious so it is at times difficult. We connect well when the mood is right. We were not close growing up. Now, it's like she's all the family I have.

MollyBeGood

Just tried to "friend" my ex brother(is that a term?)Let's see how this goes. Shit he better not be a twat and dis me! If he does I will blame it on that horrible city he now calls home LA. It is a cesspool. A place that eats souls!

Zooman

My relationship with all of my family other than my mom is very strained. My mom is the only person i don't have anxiety around though. I tend to get really angry at my bro and dad a lot and i'm starting to believe that it might just be that SA strains relationships in general. Normal people can talk out their problems but people with SA aren't able to "release" because of our anxiety so we have a lot of built up anger and never get to have that cathartic moment that only comes from not anxious communication. Obviously being on this side of the fence it seems like we are always being screwed by people, but honestly i don't think we are, we just don't fit in which is a huge insult even if it isn't meant to be.

nodejesque

I am the fifth of 7 siblings. Four older sisters, one older brother, and one younger. We are all close, although I don't speak to my older brother... I still love him and wish him the best, but I cannot bring myself to forgive him. As for the rest, we are very close. I can easily say that my sisters are my biggest supporters. We are all different in personalities, vary in age, but similar all at the same time.

They have always accepted me and supported me, regardless of our different view points. Family is easily what has kept me afloat, even if I now live far from them.

Crankor

I never really was. My brother moved out when i was around 6 so never really knew him. I got along with my older sister for a while then she moved out.... younger i never got along with much. was off n on alot. Well that was while i was still living with my parents. Nowadays (after us all being on our own) i get along ok with them all and have seen my brother 4 times in the past two years since he left my parents house. I don't think i'd really say i'm "close" to them though but i get along with them ok now