Are Your Feet Ruining Your Shoes?

missyv

I can only wear my shoes 2 or 3 times before they are sweaty and smelly. I'm talking sneakers w/socks, without socks, dressy shoes, whatever!!! I'm losing my mind. I don't want to go anywhere in public with shoes I've ever worn before. My family thinks I'm crazy because I'm always purchasing new shoes (well in the past more than now). I'm financially strapped because this condition won't let me work. Everyone knows my secret once I start a job. And, they are always looking down at my feet. Topical solutions use to work for me. But not anymore. What can I do for treatment with no medical insurance?

How will they know your secret? I have a friend who wears different shoes everyday, not because her feet sweat or have an ordor problem but because shes rich and shops everyday. Seriously, how can they notice by just looking at you with different shoes everyday?. They are probably like it or think damn you have a lot of shoes or something but i doubt that they actually think is that you have ordor problem. However, i must say that i understand you because the same happens to me, my feet sweat a lot....and that causes ordor.

ultrafrost

missyv said:
I can only wear my shoes 2 or 3 times before they are sweaty and smelly. I'm talking sneakers w/socks, without socks, dressy shoes, whatever!!! I'm losing my mind. I don't want to go anywhere in public with shoes I've ever worn before. My family thinks I'm crazy because I'm always purchasing new shoes (well in the past more than now). I'm financially strapped because this condition won't let me work. Everyone knows my secret once I start a job. And, they are always looking down at my feet. Topical solutions use to work for me. But not anymore. What can I do for treatment with no medical insurance?

hi, missyv
I used to have a serious feet odour, and my feet also sweat a lot.
then I came across a webpage which said that feet odour could be caused by zinc deficiency. after taking zinc supplement about 1 week ( 30mg/per day), my feet was stinky free though they still sweat.
so, I highly recommend that give zinc a shot, it really really works.
btw, wearing cotton socks also helps.
regards.

missyv

oolceeoo said:
Is it just your feet that sweat or your hands too?

Hello, to be honest, I don't notice a big problem with my hands sweating. And, I think my feet have had the problem of sweating before 10 years ago; however, I only started to really take notice once the odor came. do you think that if the feet sweat because of HH that some place else should also be sweating?

missyv

Re: ... Foot odor

Depressed4life said:
How will they know your secret? I have a friend who wears different shoes everyday, not because her feet sweat or have an ordor problem but because shes rich and shops everyday. Seriously, how can they notice by just looking at you with different shoes everyday?. They are probably like it or think damn you have a lot of shoes or something but i doubt that they actually think is that you have ordor problem. However, i must say that i understand you because the same happens to me, my feet sweat a lot....and that causes ordor.

I would be happy if I were only buying shoes for just styling purposes. Well, in my life b4 this HH, I shopped for clothes and shoes all the time. Now, it's strictly for necessity. I have to be conscious of not wearing the same shoes everyday, because of the sweat; and they need to be leather not synthetic and some other man-made flemsy material. It's just too much emphasis to be put on one thing when I just want to be able to buy shoes put them on and go. It's become a little neurotic.

I really feel as though people can smell an odor coming from my shoes. Am I crazy. I've had people get on the elevator with me and cough, or approach my desk and make funny gestures. It really hurts. I'm really hurting.

Can I ask, what do you do for the odor? Is their a way to clean out your shoes after you wear them?

missyv

ultrafrost said:
missyv said:

hi, missyv
then I came across a webpage which said that feet odour could be caused by zinc deficiency. after taking zinc supplement about 1 week ( 30mg/per day), my feet was stinky free though they still sweat.
regards.

Wow, thanks a lot. Is your foot sweating due to HH? Is Zinc something I can buy over the counter? Pills or ...? What do you do in the summer months, can you wear sandles? I'm terrified of having my feet out, and when I do, it's a disaster. Even my roommate walks around in the house covering her face when I pass her and sometimes when I come around she'll just start coughing and I'll leave from around her.

ultrafrost

missyv said:
ultrafrost said:
missyv said:

hi, missyv
regards.

Wow, thanks a lot. Is your foot sweating due to HH? Is Zinc something I can buy over the counter? Pills or ...? What do you do in the summer months, can you wear sandles? I'm terrified of having my feet out, and when I do, it's a disaster. Even my roommate walks around in the house covering her face when I pass her and sometimes when I come around she'll just start coughing and I'll leave from around her.

I bought the puritan's pride zinc supplement.
Last year, my feet odour once came back again, then I take 50mg/day, the smell had gone within 2 days!!!!
I don't live in the US. But I think that you could buy it in Walmart.
check out this page
http://community.southernliving.com/archive/index.php/t-931.html
and you could google 'zinc feet odour'. many pages mention that zinc could cure any kinds of body odour.

missyv

thanks ultrafrost

Wow, thanks a lot Ultrafrost; I did do some research on zinc products to help treat plantar hh today. From what I've read, I have some choices I guess, unless I just want to take it by supplement. I see that it is also added to some products which are used in treatment for hh. I will be making some calls to local pharmacies and, hopefully :? getting some zinc into my system as soon as I can.

I'm not exactly sure how I found you guys on this site, but I am so thankful that I've found you. Thank you so much :D :D

Re: ... Foot odor

missyv said:
Depressed4life said:

I would be happy if I were only buying shoes for just styling purposes. Well, in my life b4 this HH, I shopped for clothes and shoes all the time. Now, it's strictly for necessity. I have to be conscious of not wearing the same shoes everyday, because of the sweat; and they need to be leather not synthetic and some other man-made flemsy material. It's just too much emphasis to be put on one thing when I just want to be able to buy shoes put them on and go. It's become a little neurotic.

I really feel as though people can smell an odor coming from my shoes. Am I crazy. I've had people get on the elevator with me and cough, or approach my desk and make funny gestures. It really hurts. I'm really hurting.

Can I ask, what do you do for the odor? Is their a way to clean out your shoes after you wear them?

I am glad that someone else answer your question. I seriously don't do anything and plus i have to wear the same shoes everyday. I have a poor diet and perhasp i should purchase the zinc vitamins and see what happens. Take care.

Aramid

That;s really good. I had bad odor on my armpit once and I'd made my research and found out that zinc and proper diet can help my problem. I tried zinc and it disappeared for 1 week.