Are your siblings out going?

PhantomPod

I have a brother who's a year and a half older than me, and he's really out going, cool, and popular. Sometimes I find myself feeling a bit jealous and sad. Like he's so damn cool and popular and goes out with his friends all the time, and I sit in at home every night. It kind of makes me feel even worse about myself.

He's also more outgoing with my family, and I sometimes feel like they all like him better and talk to him more because of it.

Like one example: We were at my cousin's birthday party, and he was leaving so I got up to leave with him (yeah,basically I was taking my first oppurtunity to get out of there). Well he was saying bye to my aunt and he gave her a hug and she was all talking with him and saying that he should come up to their camp sometime this Summer. I was standing right there next to him, but she didn't really say anything to me. So I just kind of mumbled a goodbye to her once she was done talking to my brother, and then turned around and left.

I keep telling myself that oh, she probably just didn't realize that I was leaving with him or didn't hear my goodbye, but at the same time I can't stop thinking about it and cant stop thinking that she probably likes him more. It seems like such crazy thinking though. Because she's my godmother and I know that she loves me.

arghh. I think too much! :?

Scottish_Player

Phantom my bro is the exact same as your,i feel as if i could have written your post myself as its that close to how my bro is :roll:

I wish i was more like him somethimes, i think if i could do half the stuff he can do then i would be happy he is only 14 months older than me and i dont realy know how we went so diffent from each other,my personal theory is that whilst growing up i always looked upto him,he was always the funny one as a kind when we where at familay stuff and i just sort of sat in the back ground its like that was his place in the familay to be the entertainer and mine was to just sit and be quiet if you get what i mean.

maggie

all my brothers and sisters (2 of each) are outgoing...and don't seem to have any problems with socializing :roll:

clairet

I have loads of brothers and sisters (8 of us in all) and they are all mainly fairly happy and confident (except one other than me-my mother completely screwed her up,told her she wasn't her child-even to this day, and she blatently is, my aunty was at the birth!). There have been lots of problems in my family, but funnily enough, everybody came out of it all, not unscathed, but relatively ok, except for two of us...
The brothers and sisters I have that are doing well, are doing exceptionnally well financially (think it's cos we were poor and they didn't want to go down that road) and I feel quite a failure next to them as I am the most educated and so they think I should be the most financially successful- crap I know, but it's an old stereotype. One of my brothers asked me why I even went to uni if I don't really use my qualifications. He would never understand that the lack of confidence in myself is more powerful (at present!) than my qualifications... ah well, ho hum.

racheH

My little sister is a lot more gregarious, to the point of being a bit of a show off. I suppose it's because she's grown up in very different circumstances and a different environment to what I have.

ScaredGirl

Hi,

My sister is hoarder in the most severe way - there are paths all over her house etc... She is also a hermit and since we were small children she has always said her ideal life would be to live on a mountain by herself.

My two brothers are social but both are odd. The one and his wife are both exebitionists, the other is malicious when ever he sees an opportunity. He is the sort that lies to get people to fight - for pure sport.
:roll:

In my humble opinion, we are all a mess.

SG

ScaredGirl

Hi,

My sister is hoarder in the most severe way - there are paths all over her house etc... She is also a hermit and since we were small children she has always said her ideal life would be to live on a mountain by herself.

My two brothers are social but both are odd. The one and his wife are both exebitionists, the other is malicious when ever he sees an opportunity. He is the sort that lies to get people to fight - for pure sport.
:roll:

In my humble opinion, we are all a mess.

SG

black_mamba

I am the eldest and take after my father a hell of a lot, therefore quiet by default (sortof).

My next sis is LOUD and takes after her mother.

The last sis in the trio is an inbetweener. She takes after my father mostly but [I think] because she 2 older sisters whilst groing up to talk to she has turned out a little less introverted than myself.

Very interesting that few of you have quiet siblings though... *strokes beard* :p

pitkreet

My sister is pretty withdrawn, probably the most like me but I wouldn;t say she's got SA, certainly not to the extent I have. One brother is quite quiet but gets on well in life. My other brother can be very loud and obnoxious but I think he's actually quite insecure...I reckon he's a bit of a nutter.

kattness

both my brother and sister are outgoing and loud. they always go out.
just makes me feel like a complete black sheep :D

Faded

_

i have a big family .. all together (without mum & dad ) we are 10 !

-6 girls
-4 boys

Before startin it .. both of my parents were shy!

Non of my sisters are like me, my 3 big sisters each have their own personality, were they cud offcurz survive n' enjoy life!

my other 2 lil sisters .. sound perfect and not like me offcurz!

well, 3 of my brothers are doing really great!

i just feel like my 13 year old brother is "abit" shy and facing alil of anxiety .. i feel tht .. cuz he's addicted to the Online games n' he doesnt sound like he likes socializin' n' so .. i see him blush when ppl come to our house .. but he's not as bad as I am .. i feel bad about it 2 kno tht he's on tht track n' im not helpin :roll: LIKE I CUD!

Loopy_Lil

I have two younger siblings
my brother (18) is a bit like me with a few other complications on top
but my lil sis (11) is very outgoing and socially able
I guess cos of growing up with 2 older siblings
I also guess that neither of my parents are outgoing but neither are like me
I guess all families are similar and different in ways
Lil

despise

my mum was pretty shy when she was young, i think she may have had social anxiety too - but she's done really well to get over it. my dad was always out going.
my sister who is 24 used to be a bit shy too, not to the extent of my mum and me, but still had problems with anxiety. now shes selfish and snobby and mostley out going.
my brother, 21, was quiet as a kid (middle aged syndrom or whatever they call it...?) but today he's really very outgoing, always going to parties, going out almost every day, i don't hate him for it though. i love him so much, because he can understand me so much more then everybody else (even my mum, which is weird because she's been through it herself.) He really looks after me and understands me, helps me when everybody else is yelling at me to go out and do something. :roll:

Danfalc

Banned
black_mamba said:
Very interesting that few of you have quiet siblings though... *strokes beard* :p

Mamba..... you have a beard? 8O

I have one sister, she's definatley more outgoing than me, i mean she works,has a boyfriend and has a circle of friends,but i think she could have a touch of social anxiety to her as she can be very paranoid and oftens takes things the wrong way *shrugs*

SPECTACULAR

I have five siblings. two boys and three sisters.
the boys are doing great with their lives and at their schools. one of them make represntations weekly so happily. the other likes to take the microphone and talk at school and his teachers like him.

one girl is like the second boy. she's so so popular and has lots of friends although lots of people hate her at school. the other one is older than me and she has problems talking in public. about six months ago, she was about to graduate and she had to go to a school for application. she was crying every night before she had to go there. she was vomiting and tried to kill herself. i really felt sorry for her. i always thought that i'm the only one with this shit till i saw her sufferring. that's the girl i can say that she is the worst in my family but not worse than my case for damn sure. everything went ok and she got through it successfully.

the last girl is an infant and i swear to god i won't let anything of this shit i have touch her. :!: