Aussies.. Where do you hang out online?

Artanis

Hey everyone. Thought Id check out this forum and say Hi. I am A 23 y.o girl from Melbourne. I have had social anxiety as far as I can remember. Its only been lately that I am reaching out to tell the world and seek support for it. I am a member of the adavic forum aswell as going to one of their support group meetings.

Hi Birdy, I went to ADAVIC a few times in Coburg a few years ago, didn't help me progress any though, being so introspective, my issues seemed much more complicated than what other people were discussing since I had so much detail to rant about.

Nice to know there are fellow Melbournians on this site...

Off The Wall

I've looked online for like 2yrs now this is the only site i've ever found that has an aussie section! i think i joined it before.. i wrote like hi and then never came back actually haha. my bad.

not cause i didn't like you all, or not cause i recovered but simplely for the fact i felt pointless writing to people over a screen ya know i've tried so hard to get out of doing that but then i end up with no real life friends and no internet friends! fun fun!

anywho i'm back now! :D And i think i'll stick around this time.. :)

I'm from Sydney by the way :D

Chrysalis

I don't really have a place to hang out online - hence why I joined this site also :)

Nice to see so many Aussies meeting up, helping each other and connecting

:)

must be a lot of sp's from victoria ,im from the shit hole of australia (adelaide) the city of churches (yet i never go anywhere to see them) .is it mean to say im glad im not the only one with such things as sp ? as i hate to think that any one else would have this horrible curse.

7beast7

hey! im from melbourne 20/m. I just use to think the social anxiety thing was apart of my personality and just accepted it to be that. But i've just come back from a boys weekend with about 15 of my mates camping and prettty much didnt say a word the whole 3 days. I seem to be alright and able to relax when im with 2-3 people but anymore then that and i will find it extremely difficult to think of anything to say as im so worried about thinking of things to say that it takes over 100% of my brainpower and theres no room to think of the task at hand, if that makes any sense lol. It's the same deal when im alone with someone else. well anyway id like to get to know the people on this forum. My myspace is MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/396287271 or msn [email protected]

JS86

One of the reasons I joined this site was the fact that there was a Australian section. Although there seems to be number of you, but not enough.

Just wondering where else do you hang out or post online. I know there is a Melbourne based forum, but seems to mostly dead apart from the few people who run it.

-SS

I noticed the lack of places online for people with social anxiety to talk and meet late last year/early this year. I have since created an Australia-based message board very recently, although the word is very hard to get out and it only has a few members at this point. The link is in my profile.

Fear of people

"Hey There" I'm from Sydney Australia myself which I think is a great city to live in... as Sydney has loads of trendy night clubs and corner pubs to choice from... if you like that sort of thing. you have darling harbour which has great entertainment and restuarants also to choose from and plenty of nice beaches around Sydney if you like to go for a surf or a swim.

But unfortunately for me as I suffer from social phobia I tend to miss out on all this great entertainment around Sydney...due to the fact that I believe that people will only stare at me while trying to enjoy myself once in a while.

mnga

im new to this site too. i'll prob hang here. i used to hang on habbo(its a hangout for teens,im 19) although i wasnt very chatty. but other than that i watch utube vids and download heaps when i go on the internet.

anyway, Im from brisbane, qld

Last edited:

IJustWantMyLifeBack

Hey everyone. Thought Id check out this forum and say Hi. I am A 23 y.o girl from Melbourne. I have had social anxiety as far as I can remember. Its only been lately that I am reaching out to tell the world and seek support for it. I am a member of the adavic forum aswell as going to one of their support group meetings.

Hi Birdy, I wish NSW had something like this.. how are you finding it ?

IJustWantMyLifeBack

"Hey There" I'm from Sydney Australia myself which I think is a great city to live in... as Sydney has loads of trendy night clubs and corner pubs to choice from... if you like that sort of thing. you have darling harbour which has great entertainment and restuarants also to choose from and plenty of nice beaches around Sydney if you like to go for a surf or a swim.

But unfortunately for me as I suffer from social phobia I tend to miss out on all this great entertainment around Sydney...due to the fact that I believe that people will only stare at me while trying to enjoy myself once in a while.

Hey Fear of people,

Would you be interested in chatting as I feel the same way as you and it's the first time I have meet some one who has the same issues...

thanks

limetree

I hang out on myspace and facebook, although I don't really talk to anyone, I just do online personality quizzes and lurk forums D: I am from sydney too. :(

blue-roses

I don't know what you mean by hanging out online, lol...this is the only SA site I'm on (that I haven't deleted my profile from because I've decided I'm a nuisance...yet). I'm on Facebook...MSN...Twitter (but only to follow Stephen Fry really). I joined the Melbourne Shyness and Social Anxiety Meetup but they seem to hold all their meetups at a restaurant and I hate eating out! (Plus I think they're all a lot older than I am.)

Edit: Whoops, I just realised how long ago this thread was actually started...but everything I said still applies!

Last edited:

IJustWantMyLifeBack

I wish I could just find people to talk with on the phone or in person... internet is great but man it is not helping the SA.. ha ha ha =:)

Message me if keen !

Lost Girl

I wish I could just find people to talk with on the phone or in person... internet is great but man it is not helping the SA.. ha ha ha =:)

Message me if keen !

Hahaha, you have a point there.

I hang out on Myspace. I find it pretty easy to be myself online actually, don't have a problem there. I guess because there is an anonyimity about it. And although you have a point, I find interaction on Myspace to be essential for my basic social needs, as I live nowhere near any old friends and have a batshit chance in hell of meeting any new ones in this area. It helps me remember who I am as welll...as weird as that sounds..haha. I honestly forget who I am alot, and because I'm quite opiniated and passionate about things - when I remember that I am, it keeps the fire burning. Wow..I just confused myself...:D

pljunkie

I mainly use FaceBook, MySpace and I am always seen on Xbox Live. But on the social networking sites I rarely talk to anyone and hardly anyone talks to me, haha. Oh well.

Fear of people

One of the reasons I joined this site was the fact that there was a Australian section. Although there seems to be number of you, but not enough.

Just wondering where else do you hang out or post online. I know there is a Melbourne based forum, but seems to mostly dead apart from the few people who run it.

-SS
I'm from Sydney OZ and live at Bondi on the Eastern Suburbs.:)