Avert 100% Success

JennyIsBack

I never write reviews, but felt the need to share my story about this product. I am almost 30, and have had HH for as long as I can remember. It has affected my life the same way it has affected all of you.. (the dreaded handshake, papers getting wet while writing, avoiding social functions, etc). After lurking around here for years on and off, I read a thread about Avert and decided to give it a shot. I ordered a bottle of 1mg and waited anxiously for it to arrive. I'm not a pill person, and usually avoid taking any kind of medication at all costs.. so I started with 1 pill.. and nothing happened. I decided to take 2 the next day.. and nothing happened. I took 3 the following day.. still nothing. I was really disappointed I had gotten my hopes up and decided to not take them anymore. A few weeks went by and I decided to give it another shot considering the pharmacy said you can take up to 8mg a day. I took 2 in the morning (around 7am).. and then took another 2 around 1:00 in the afternoon. Around 4:00 I noticed my throat was becoming scratchy and my mouth really dry. I try making my hands sweat, and I can't do it! I try not getting too excited because I don't exactly know whats going on yet. The rest of the night goes on and I am still 100% dry. The following day I had an event where meeting new people would be involved (that was why I tried giving Avert another shot to begin with).. I did the same amount the next day.. and was 100% completely dry for ALL handshakes throughout the night. It is an amazing product.. and it has changed my life. I now know I have the option to take these whenever I am going to a social function.

There are a few negatives though. I would never be able to take these everyday. They make my mouth so dry I have to always be drinking water and chewing gum. I feel a tiny bit clouded mentally and not being able to sweat at all (even when its hot) almost puts my mind into panic mode. I've had 2 long drinking nights out with it.. and I've been okay.. but you just feel a little "off".

I will probably try Botox one day if I can find an experienced doctor.. because the side effects of these pills are not something I could deal with on a daily basis. BUT, its amazing and comforting to know.. there is something that can make you 100% dry when you need it.

ukchick

I never write reviews, but felt the need to share my story about this product. I am almost 30, and have had HH for as long as I can remember. It has affected my life the same way it has affected all of you.. (the dreaded handshake, papers getting wet while writing, avoiding social functions, etc). After lurking around here for years on and off, I read a thread about Avert and decided to give it a shot. I ordered a bottle of 1mg and waited anxiously for it to arrive. I'm not a pill person, and usually avoid taking any kind of medication at all costs.. so I started with 1 pill.. and nothing happened. I decided to take 2 the next day.. and nothing happened. I took 3 the following day.. still nothing. I was really disappointed I had gotten my hopes up and decided to not take them anymore. A few weeks went by and I decided to give it another shot considering the pharmacy said you can take up to 8mg a day. I took 2 in the morning (around 7am).. and then took another 2 around 1:00 in the afternoon. Around 4:00 I noticed my throat was becoming scratchy and my mouth really dry. I try making my hands sweat, and I can't do it! I try not getting too excited because I don't exactly know whats going on yet. The rest of the night goes on and I am still 100% dry. The following day I had an event where meeting new people would be involved (that was why I tried giving Avert another shot to begin with).. I did the same amount the next day.. and was 100% completely dry for ALL handshakes throughout the night. It is an amazing product.. and it has changed my life. I now know I have the option to take these whenever I am going to a social function.

There are a few negatives though. I would never be able to take these everyday. They make my mouth so dry I have to always be drinking water and chewing gum. I feel a tiny bit clouded mentally and not being able to sweat at all (even when its hot) almost puts my mind into panic mode. I've had 2 long drinking nights out with it.. and I've been okay.. but you just feel a little "off".

I will probably try Botox one day if I can find an experienced doctor.. because the side effects of these pills are not something I could deal with on a daily basis. BUT, its amazing and comforting to know.. there is something that can make you 100% dry when you need it.
Sooooo happy for you x

foulbeast

set the alarm clock to wake you up 3 hours before you wake up regularly and drink 1 pill of 2mg, then go back to sleep. i promise you, you'll wake up dry for the rest of the day.:thumbup:

HHDisturbed

Hey Jenny! Glad to hear that you are back first of all. We have all been wondering where you had gone. ;)

I am so happy to hear about your success with Advert. I too have had great success with glycopyrrolate but more so with the Secure topical "Glyco" wipes since my HH is all above the shoulders. Same results on the side effects though: dry mouth, scratchy throat and also increased sensitivity to sunlight. It's still worth it to be feeling dry.

Love to hear the success stories! Thanks for sharing!

JennyIsBack

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! This site is so helpful to people suffering with HH, you guys are great, and to the active posters.. the information is really appreciated. Thanks again!

margiehope

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! This site is so helpful to people suffering with HH, you guys are great, and to the active posters.. the information is really appreciated. Thanks again!

I've been taking Avert for many years now--like you it really did change my life.

Check your drugstore--there are products that help with dry mouth: toothpaste,mouthwash, etc. Since they do the job of regular products, it's a win-win.

All the best!

JennyIsBack

I've been taking Avert for many years now--like you it really did change my life.

Check your drugstore--there are products that help with dry mouth: toothpaste,mouthwash, etc. Since they do the job of regular products, it's a win-win.

All the best!

Hi! Do you take it every day? If you do, do you take enough to not sweat at all... like ever? I'm having a difficult time justifying taking a 1-3mg everyday for a sweat reduction as opposed to taking 4mg and be 100% dry. But, like I mentioned before the side effects and freaking out because now my body cannot sweat (I live in a super hot tropical climate) makes me not want to take it every day. How do you do it? Thanks!

0707129r

Hi! Do you take it every day? If you do, do you take enough to not sweat at all... like ever? I'm having a difficult time justifying taking a 1-3mg everyday for a sweat reduction as opposed to taking 4mg and be 100% dry. But, like I mentioned before the side effects and freaking out because now my body cannot sweat (I live in a super hot tropical climate) makes me not want to take it every day. How do you do it? Thanks!

It's all about experimenting and weighing up effects / sides. Ideally you want to be taking enough not to be sweating in normal circumstances, but enough to stay cool in hot climates. Taking it consistently does lessen the side effects

Solo Dolo

I have tried botox a few times years ago. Yes, it worked fantastically for the areas in which i had it done (arm pits and hands)....

HOWEVER, to have it done in the hands is EXTREMELY painful....not to mention the worst part of all...compensatory sweating...just like ETS

gummybear00

I have been using Avert for a few years. It's been working fine, although I feel my body has adapted a slight tolerance. Before 2mg used to make everything super dry, a strong effect, now it's a medium-strength effect.

The best way to use Avert is take it at least 2 hrs before eating. The pharmacist recommends 1 hour minimum but I think it's not enough. Before when the effect was really strong, I could've control the effect by how long I wait to eat. If I wait 2.5-3 hrs it's the strongest, if I wait 1.5 hrs it's weaker, and 1 hr or less it has little effect.

About 3-4 hrs after you take Avert is when it has the most effect in your body and you're the most dry. After that the effect slowly weakens, I think it lasts around 10-12 hours.

After a few years the 2mg dose seems a bit weaker than before. I probably need 3mg pill now. Also I think the medicine degrades over time. A fresh pill has more effectiveness than a 6+ month old one. I usually order a 6 month supply max from pharmacy.ca

Nowadays even with 2mg Avert, I can still sweat like crazy under some conditions. There is a threshold where if it passes it, sweat will pour out. But if I keep myself cool enough and below the threshold then I'll remain dry, even during strenuous exercise. Usually I can sweat if I'm intoxicated and/or I'm in an environment that's way too hot, like in the crowd of a music festival.

Overall I'd say it's not too bad. You need to adjust your dose to one that you can tolerate. You don't need to be 100% sweat-free at all times. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend using a dose lower than 2mg once per day, 2 hrs before eating.

Avert makes a lot of things dry, not just sweat glands. These include mouth, eyes, nose, sinuses, intestinal tract, etc. I think it's prescribed by doctors before procedures/surgery so they can go inside your GI tract and look around. So make sure to drink lots of water with your meals. Also try to eat before the first dryness kicks in.

ukchick

I didn't have any problems getting it for my daughter at our local hospital from her dermatologist.It's also on repeat prescription(she gets more when she's running low).I'm in the UK by the way.

uksam

I didn't have any problems getting it for my daughter at our local hospital from her dermatologist.It's also on repeat prescription(she gets more when she's running low).I'm in the UK by the way.

Oh thanks, for some reason I thought it wasn't possible to get on prescription over here. Did you have to see a gp then get referred to a dermatologist?

ukchick

Oh thanks, for some reason I thought it wasn't possible to get on prescription over here. Did you have to see a gp then get referred to a dermatologist?

Yes,we did have to go through her GP.I get the impression Avert is expensive so the dermatologist didn't suggest it,I did and then she was happy to write out a prescription for it.We waited a few days for the pharmacy to get it in.
Good luck x

HHDisturbed

Yes,we did have to go through her GP.I get the impression Avert is expensive so the dermatologist didn't suggest it,I did and then she was happy to write out a prescription for it.We waited a few days for the pharmacy to get it in.
Good luck x

Hey UK. Same thing here in the U.S. To fill it here requires a doctor's prescription. I wanted to try the glyco topical wipes and there was not a single pharmacy in the area that had the means to create them. Two pharmacys said they could order what they needed and try it but it would cost a small fortune.

However, here in the U.S. it is legal to order Advert, Secure Glyco Wipes, and many other HH meds online from Canada - WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION!. This is because in Canada these meds are considered "over-the-counter" and therefore do not require a prescription there. As it stands now, the U.S. allows the ordering of meds from Canada but that could always change. After 3 shipments from pharmacy.ca - Canada's internet pharmacy I have had no problems. :)

metal82a

Been using robinul for 4 years now and its been amazing for me as well. Hope the effectiveness never wears off!! 2mg 2xday