Avert and Pharmacy.ca

Wooster

Hi chaps,

Just joined the forum. I have palmar and auxillary HH. However, with Maxim antiperspirant, I've cured the auxillary part. So 1 down 1 to go. I can now appear normal, but still lack the ability to engage in hand holding. But I must say I'm quite happy by the results people have talked about Avert, and I am very excited to get my hands on some (very punny).

So pharmacy.ca seems the best place to get it. But I have two questions:

1) Should I start off with the test package (30 units) or go for the 100 units? Also should I go for 1mg that way I can regulate it. Or is 2mg the generally accepted level.
2) Do I need to get a prescription to order Avert? I live in British Columbia, so can I just ship it over? OR what's the process for shipping.

My HH seems to be moderate from what I've heard from you guys... so with any luck this stuff will work.

Thanks for any respones, and I've enjoyed the stories that I've been able to read.

margiehope

Hi Wooster!

I'm a longtime Avert user, and praiser.

The dosage is SO individual. What I think I'd do is get the larger amount (100) of the 1 mg. and see what works--you can easily just take two, or whatever works.

Avert is Over the Counter, but I believe you will be asked to fill out a lengthy form. I get a prescription from my doctor so I can claim it on income tax, which you could consider if you have enough medical/dental claims. But if you don't have a willing doctor, you can obtain the pills without prescription.

Good luck!

Wooster

Hi Margie!

I think you're right about the 100x 1mg. Seems like the best method, for me learning what my tolerance level is. But do you know if pharmacy.ca will just ship it to me?

Thanks!

vash27

Hi, I am just a recent avert user. what i did was, i ordered the 30 unit samples. this is to make sure that i am not wasting money incase if it doesn't work for me. fortunately, the result is fantastic. i am actually looking forward to buy 100 units. about the shipping, i too, live in BC and the shipping was fast... no more than 5 days. the shipping was delayed though because i was a first time buyer so i was asked for a consultation.

hydroman123

Hey, is Avert the same as Robinul? Have any of the long term users noticed any side effects other than dry mouth? Plus I m a guy, does Avert cause urinary retention or impotence?
Sorry for all the questions, but I've been thinking of trying out oral medication for some time and the potential side effects have held me back. Thanks in advance.

margiehope

Yes, Avert is the Canadian brand name of glycopyrrolate, same as Robinul.

I've been using it for 2 years. Even the dry mouth comes and goes--not a big problem.

Can't answer re possible impotence, but side effects (other than that dry mouth) don't seem to bother most people. The drug doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier, and doesn't stay in your system, so I think if anything serious occurred, you could just stop the meds.

hydroman123

[

I've been using it for 2 years. Even the dry mouth comes and goes--not a big problem.

Hey, margiehope. Thanks for the reply. Has the effect been consistent throughout the two years? How do you use it?

margiehope

Hi Hydroman!

The only times when Avert has "let me down" have been when I fail to take it far enough ahead.

For me it works best if I take it about an hour before breakfast. I just take it as soon as I wake up, putter around a bit, and then I'm good to go. Sometimes, of course, I forget to take it first thing, and may have some sweating. (You can take it 2 hours after a meal too, but by then most of us are into our busy day.)

Only one other time did I have a problem, and that was on a stinking hot and humid day. So in two years, that's good.

I do try to take the least medication that makes sense--if I'm staying around home, or it's cool, I take less, or none. I also try to convince myself that it's OK to perspire a little bit!

Like HH itself, the whole thing with meds is very individual, but I
am thankful for the mostly excellent results.

CelineX

I've been using Avert for about a week now. I find the dry mouth tolerable, but for me it also causes urinary retention. It's still better than sweating though. For some reason it takes about 4-5 hours to kick in for me so I usually set my alarm 3 hours early, take 2 mg, then go back to sleep. I bought the 50 count of 2mg. One pill lasts me about 11-12 hours which is the perfect amount of time. I've also noticed I can't burp as easily when I'm on Avert, and it causes mild constipation. It's so important to find the right dosage. I once took 4mg at the same time and it caused my sense of taste to change and the urinary retention was so bad I got a little worried. I'm only 95 pounds, so I think that's why I only need 2mg. Hope this helps!