Away from religion Do you think that God can talk to you (literally)?

losttroy

I'd rather believe in Santa...at least there's cookies and milk to be had when you find out you aren't getting all you want for Christmas.::eek::

Last edited:
indirectly so god does. if i didnt believe in this so called higher power i would have had to have been a psycho lunatic years ago due to the bleakness of life.

klytus

Saying there is no God is your opinion but you shouldn't state it as fact, you'll offend someone
I can actually state it the way I want. I assume people are sufficiently intelligent to know that every statement of this kind is subjective. Are you suggesting that they are not? I don't deem it necessary to add "in my opinion" to it, only make it look less offensive.

There is no need to sugarcoat facts. Kch.

yes, i think the brain can split off consciousness into separate parts and you can talk to the other part, and think it's god. i've done it myself, there's actually a sense of presence. but there's so much cultural baggage with the word 'god' i had to abandon it. but i've started writing to my imaginary friend and the sense of presence is starting to come back. it's great - i don't feel so lonely.

Of course, I talk to God regurlarly, he is my salvation and guide, and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can't, because they can, God listens to everybody, and when needed he will speak to you, I promise, all it takes is a little faith! :)

Of course, I talk to God regurlarly, he is my salvation and guide, and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can't, because they can, God listens to everybody, and when needed he will speak to you, I promise, all it takes is a little faith! :)

And I feel sorry for anyone who can delude themselves into believing God can talk to them. I promise, all it takes is a little rational reason, and you will not hear him, but only yourself.