Baby Shower this weekend...I'M SO SCARED!!!

rj32093

Hi everyone, I am not sure what to do, we are having a baby shower at my house this weekend for my siste in-law. My younger sister organized it and I am not looking forward to it one bit. I am an extemely shy person, I can not start a conversation at all and we are expecting aroud 50 people and I will be the one in charge of the food (BBQ). I need some strength fo this, I don't know how to act, I mean, I don't want people to think that I don't want to talk. I really wish I could but it does not happen. I have been like this all my life, I am 30 and I don't like it when my sister or my brothers tell me I should talk more, I can't. I am not sure what to do with my life. :(

r0ck0ut04

This day will come and pass like every other day, dont worry about the other people just be yourself. And if your shy or a little nervous its no big deal just remember the people are there for your sister in law. I think everything will work out.

chaseme

lovehatething

heya basically rockout04 is right, everything should be ok. Think of it this way, you will most probably not be the only shy one there, there is bound to be loads feeling like you, nervous, frightned, sheer panick about going ! What you need to do is set yourself a challenge how bout when someone comes for some food you ask them how they are doing? if they are having a good time? or the littlest thing like, oh thats a nice top, wheres it from? There is going to be loadsa people there so dont freak out if you cant say anyting to start with, as the night goes on you should be beaming with confidence !

Falling

dude by continue avoiding social situations you will solve NOTHING. yeas you can feel good at home and living your life sort of another planet... but actually when you'll come to the real world you will realise how nothing has changed.

the worser is the failer, the biggest is the sucess. sitautions are just like waves.... you ahve to face them... it's worthed taking the chance....

and experience makes perfection... its usless going over the net an dlook how to solve shyness.... if you really want to stop shyness.... then start doing something!!!

take advantage from this party... a "hi!" will already be a step forward, and when you are at the party, notice wat people talk about, how they talk with each other....

in ALL the situations you can learn something GOOD.... the only sitautuion that will do you bad is staying at home.

so, FACE it... after all, could life be more a hell then it is right now? could something good comes out from this? if yes... even if a little yes... then take the chance. after all you've got nothing to lose...

woman123

Those people will probaly have fears of looking nervous as well. Tell your self your not the only nervous shy one. And you'll be fine:)