back in time.

durda_dan

if you could go back in time and change any one event. what would you change?
*note, cannot say i would go back and change every time i didn't say hello to a girl* it must be a 1 time event!

a bus. a bus caused all my problems, battling OCD because of a bus.
If i could go back in time i would have had never taken a bus on that day.
because of that bus ride i heard about a decapitation in canada on a public bus, and because i heard about that i was intrested to learn more, so i was reading about it, and then i read a book about serial killers, and now i have intrusive thoughts.
If i never went on that bus i would not have intrusive thoughs, or atleast not now anyway.

lyricalliaisons

I told someone something one time that I deeply, immensely regret. I thought it was true at the time, but I came to realize later that it wasn't true. Although it did seem possible at the time.

antipop621

There's a part time job I had while I was an undergrad. I wish I had never applied there. It ruined 3 years of my life.

-hermit-

Wish I could have just ignored the curiosity I had with weed back in school, I would probably be fine if I decided not to go down that road.

Lea

Banned
I should have studied medical school. But I had no clue back then what I wanted to do, all I knew was I didn´t want to be in contact with people. Now I regret not having nurse qualification. They are in great demand and I could even work in the Middle East.

slimjim119

I wish I would of went to college right after high school. Instead of wasting time and money. Wasting money on cars instead of putting it towards an education.

I wish that when my first psychotherapist wasn't working for me, I'd had had the courage to ask for another one from my doctor, instead of putting up with her for a year. My life is infinitely worse because I didn't get to deal with my anxiety when I still felt it was manageable. But there's no way I would have known that until my anxiety got worse and I got a new psychologist who is great.
Other than that, there's not much I regret. Sure, lots of things didn't work out the way I'd hoped, but that doesn't mean I wish I could change them.
Just regrets about not getting my anxiety under control in time I guess!

2Crowded

I would have finished high school...even though I was being picked on by a group of kids daily & couldnt sit in class without feeling embarassed for no reason.

durda_dan

there is one more thing i would have changed, nothing OCD related, But once i said something truely offencive in class, and i know i hurt someone's feelings.... mainly because for the rest of his time at school, and anytime i saw him after graduation he wanted to kill me ha ha

Felgen

I wouldn't do anything. If you kill a butterfly in the past, you might screw up the present.

Besides, I've thought a bit over the following scenario: Imagine that you, in 2035, invent a time machine, with the purpose of killing Hitler in 1935, to prevent WWII from breaking out. Then WWII never would have happened, Hitler would have been dead for 100 years and you wouldn't have invented the time machine that prevented it all.

durda_dan

I wouldn't do anything. If you kill a butterfly in the past, you might screw up the present.

i don't believe that because we have mosquitoes everywhere, i kill a mosquito if it is in my house, and i'm sure you do too, that would mean that at any given moment there would be milllions of life paths for the earth in general, Now if everyone stopped killing mosquitos yes, there would be a changed, But if Only i stop, No there will not be a change in anything.