been thinking about joining the military

Plissken

I've always admired soldiers and have thought of joining up. I am not scared over the physical side at all. I know I can handle that. Its just the social aspect. Being around so many new people seems terrifying.

I just have no motivation at all in life. I dont know what I want to do. Would this help with that?

Will joining help me overcome social anxiety? Or break me mentally? If anyone here has military experience, I'd love if you could share.

lonely_world

I wish I could join the military, but I have a boo boo on my record, so I can't. Sucks. But I applaud you for thinking of joining, I believe that it is an experience that everyone should have, atleast for a little while. And remember all the benefits of joining too, those are the best! Good luck!

ezrider

I'm from Germany and i've recently been drafted. I've lost almost all of my social phobia in the military. It's so much easier to talk to people there than in a regular job. All the fear I had at school is suddenly gone.
In the military you depend on each other, that's why soldiers usually treat each other more respectfully than they would do outside the military.

if you dont fear being around people in general, but you can't talk much or make friends easily, joining the military might help you a lot.

Don't join the military, join the peace movement instead. Make love not war.

I'm thinking about leaving the military, because i don't think that i would be able to fire my rifle at someone else.
When you're a soldier, you gotta kill anyone they tell you to kill, not only terrorists. If you're sure that you can handle that, go for it.

anonym

I would also love to join the military, but I’m honest, I don’t have what it takes to join the army, it makes me sick the idea of having to share the bedroom with unknown people, or having to take a shower with other people, or being yelled.