Being Single (alone) Can Suck

DepravedFurball

I would proffer that you can only 'work' on yourself when you're getting constant feedback, otherwise you're just going to be trying to improve upon selfish-perfection.

:p

GraybeardGhost

Yeah, being single has its benefits. A useful time to work on yourself. That being said, being single can also feel pretty crappy.

Anyone else feel this way? :thinking:

Absolutely. I've been single for several years now, and while I'm usually very comfortable being alone, sometimes the loneliness still gnaws at me a bit. Yes, it can suck, but when there's no alternative, what can you do?

ImNotMyIllness

Absolutely. I've been single for several years now, and while I'm usually very comfortable being alone, sometimes the loneliness still gnaws at me a bit. Yes, it can suck, but when there's no alternative, what can you do?

Honestly. Get out there (whether online) or in person. My life is in flux right now and it wouldn't be wise for me to try to start something. I know that I need to focus on getting my life together.
But, within a few months this bear is coming out of freak'n hibernation! (Women run for the hills).

ukmale

Yeah, being single has its benefits. A useful time to work on yourself. That being said, being single can also feel pretty crappy.

On a positive note, everything will fall into place when it's time.

To bloody right your telling me its like over the millions of yrs of evolution we are built to just be on earth to love settle down and have a family .but sadly I can never and will never settle down and have a family its a killer its like being held underwater and ur fighter for air that's now unnatural it is not to find someone to settle down with love and share life with :( :( :( sadly il never settle down

Merry Xmas though everyone .even though iv got nothing to be happy about

theoutsider

Yeah, being single can suck but being married or in a relationship is not the cure-all for happiness. Believe me.

Marc7

Yea, it can suck especially if you like someone you know you can't have like with my situation.

Kiwong

Being alone is not bad, the thought of going out into the world of people fills me with dread. Last night I couldn't sleep worrying about going to a running race. With my anxiety so much can go wrong before and after the race. I lay awake thinking of strategies of how I can cope. Wear my sunnies, not go through the finish line, stay out of the way of people.

Last edited:

GhoulsNightOut

Maybe it's because I've never been in a relationship that I don't know what I'm missing out on, but I'm honestly fine with being single. I'm curious what it's like to have a boyfriend but it's not to the point where I become depressed over not having one. I grew up lonely at home and at school, so what I want more than anything are friends and to be close with a few family members. If I weren't such a mess right now, I'd be spending Christmas with my dear sister and her boyfriend in another state, which I wouldn't mind driving the long distance to. But I can't stand the thought of sitting there at the dinner table, this unemployed 24 year old who's nowhere near to getting her shit together...all the while she's being sweet and spoiling me.

coyote

i was forever single when i was younger, and it sucked

so i married the first woman i managed to get into any kind of a relationship with

that ended up sucking worse

but i was afraid to get out of it - didn't really know how

until i met another woman who showed me that things could be different

so i went from the frying pan into the fire

and that sucked the most - until she left me, and i wanted to die

but i got comfortable being single again, and it didn't suck so bad

then i met someone i could just date and keep things easy and casual

so half the time i am alone, and half the time i'm not...

sometimes one sucks and sometimes the other one does

i'm still trying to figure out the balance

maybe i never will