Belief in God...

JoUrNeY

I do believe in the chakras, the spiritual centers of the human body...Even science has explanations for those, but what science discovered, yogis and sages discovered long before they did...All thru direct examination, direct experience from within...Science just sorta like reaffirmed what was already there........

For example, the Third Eye Chakra is supposed to be the pineal gland within our brain...A spiritual center for intuition that emits light...Science even claims that it is pretty much another eye...

These chakras can and tend to go off balance during times of emotional stress and dis-ease..............

So we all have these chakras within the physical vehicle...

Can't escape from God?.................

LilMissTragic

Religion, biggest cult in the world. Just another way for humans to try to control other humans.
But, if it makes people happy and hopeful to have something to believe in then whats so be it.

MadCat

LilMissTragic said:
Religion, biggest cult in the world. Just another way for humans to try to control other humans.
But, if it makes people happy and hopeful to have something to believe in then whats so be it.

Agree 200% but often that isn't the case. People will try to push their religion ON you. I have a hatred for anyone who tries to pump religion into me or gives me religious speech when I make it CLEAR that I do not care!!!

This stems from my Dad. RELIGIOUS FANATIC!!!! HATE HIM.

LilMissTragic

The problem, Madcat, Is that some religous people feel its thier duty to a god to try to save your soul. Its annoying but they truly believe they are doing good.

lawyerguy

The positive thing about religion is that it provides people with a moral framework with which to order their lives and to give hope and comfort to people in troubled times. Many people often turn to God when they are going through some ordeal or something bad happens. I see no problem in this and I think that..to the extent that religion helps human beings deal with the myriad troubles and agonies of the world..religion is a good thing.

The negative thing about religion .is its exclusive nature. Theologically speaking its "my way or the highway all other roads lead to hell". Everyone, from the mormons, jews..catholics..muslims..(maybe not buddhists)..think their way is the ONLY way to God. And because of this belief..they think that everyone else who does not experience god the same way they do are destined for eternal hell. This has lead to troubles in the balkans,..the crusades..the conflict between pakistan and india..the conflict in northern ireland...the conflicts in the middle east...etc.. wars and killings justified partly by this exclusivist belief. In a less malignant (thought still stupid) way it leads people to send out missionaries to "save the doomed heathens". I find all of this annoying. If you are religious..live by your religious belief..do unto others as you would have them do unto you..so if you don't want other people trying to convert you to their religion don't go around doing that to others...

MadCat

LilMissTragic said:
The problem, Madcat, Is that some religous people feel its thier duty to a god to try to save your soul. Its annoying but they truly believe they are doing good.

By putting their nose in my business? It's my choice if I don't believe in a God and they have no right to tell me that I am going to suffer in hell. It doesn't bother me so much because I don't even believe in a Hell, but..........no point in going on.

This type of discussion always gets butchered in most forums.

MadCat

And that's why I dislike people like that. I stay out of other peoples lives most the time unless they want or need me to jump in there.

:sigh: religion is just a control mechanism to me. I guess I see a big weakness in people. Just my opinion so nobody here rip me apart.

Alexia

I wanted to say Hello everybody , but I was open this topic and ... maybe I must think about this forum where are so many far away to God and so addicted to :twisted: !

Even I shall shock everyone I must say that there is nothing without God !

I am not fanatic religious , I am not belong to no sect , I just believe !

All the best for everybody and have a nice day ! :wink: :!:

Moonie

Well, growing up, I believed in God. My family was never very religious. Also, I was never baptised, lol, so according to some I am going to hell anyway! I went to bible school during the summer and the occasional Sunday school class, but only attended church with friends a couple of times. I prayed at night and found comfort in that - all the way up until HS. I think it felt good just to get all the things that were bothering me off of my chest. It felt good to believe that there was something more after this life and that all my troubles would be over someday. And it did help me- I think- during HS- when things were the hardest.

During college at some point, I started to think differently. Before I was sure there was a God, because that was what I was told and that was what I believed to be true as well. I am not saying there is no God, but I have become quite the agnostic. There could be- or there could not be. I still hope there is. I live a good life, I try my hardest to overcome obstacles and help others. I pray every once and awhile still, but I feel guilty about doing it now. I used to pray nightly back in HS, and now I seem to do it when I feel I need help with something- like a job interview or presentation or something like that..

Overall, I don't feel that there is no God because of of my extreme shyness. I do seriously believe that people wih SA, or whatever they may have, are special because they have to work a little harder and things don't come easily to them. Yes, it's a pain, yes it can hurt a lot, but yes, it does take a strong person, believe it or not, to deal with this on a daily basis. Maybe that is my purpose or life lesson, to try and battle this each day.

I simply don't know, but it's not out of question. It's just that, a question.

Albeano

I can understand why so many people are anti religious, i was brought up in a strictly religious household and had all that guilt and fear shit put on me from an early age. I think in a lot of cases religion gives god a bad name, Im not religious but i do believe at the very least in a first cause god that set the universe in motion and set up the delicate balance neccesary for atoms and matter to hold together and life to flourish. My beliefs go deeper than that, but that is my minimum belief as i dont see how or why the universe and life could exist without it.
I read this while looking into the near death experience, people from every persuasion have NDEs

"Many religious people make the mistake of assuming that atheism is a one-way ticket to hell. The fact is that God cares very little about a person's religion or non-religion as revealed by some of the NDE accounts profiled on this website. The only thing that really matters is the spiritual condition of the heart. My experience has been that when an atheist tells me they don't believe in God, they really mean they don't believe in the Christian God or any God from any religion. From the NDE perspective, I can agree with this. Many atheists reject a spirit world for one reason or another and they generally do so because they have a strict scientific perspective of reality. Many scientific atheists devote their entire life studying the laws of nature and, to them, this may be their form of divine devotion whether they know it or not. In fact, because of this, I submit to you that a large percentage of such scientists are closer to spirituality than many religionists."

Mikey

I don't believe in God. I'm an Atheist. That doesn't mean I don't believe in EVERYTHING and I "know" I'm right. There very well could be some being out there that created us. I don't think there is, but I don't know everything. But as for religion? Bullshit. First used as a guideline, ended up becoming a source of power and control. And I believe most people use religion and a belief in god as a tool to keep themselves sane. It brings security and doesn't make you feel alone in the world. But I'd rather feel alone in the world than lie to myself.

Mikey

Cool. 8) It's taken me my whole life to come to these conclusions. Ever since I was a child though, I doubted religion and stuff. I went from being a Christian, to a Pagan, to a Wiccan, to just about everything else, studying everything I could to see what was out there and what people believed. About 3 years ago I came to my current conclusion = there's no god & religion is bull.

Albeano

But as for religion? Bullshit. First used as a guideline, ended up becoming a source of power and control. And I believe most people use religion and a belief in god as a tool to keep themselves sane.

Personally I arrived at my beliefs because I dont see any other logical answer to why the universe exists at all and has all the neccesary constants exactly right for life to exist. I also dont see any proof for life occuring on this planet out of pure chance, christ knows science has been searching for the answer since before darwin proposed his evolution theory. The chance of abiogenesis are somewhere in the order of 1 in 10^150 in other words the chance of you picking the one correct atom out of all the atoms that make up the universe. I didnt like those odds.
When you talk about control youre right, religion has and still is guilty of some terrible crimes and responsible for tens of thousands of deaths. They pale in comparison however to what atheist nations have been capable of in the 20th century as regards bloodshed and control over their own people.

""The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression, published by Harvard University Press, is the work of eleven scholars that ignited a continental firestorm when it first hit bookstores in France in 1997. The authors estimate the century's death toll at the hands of Communist governments (excluding wars) at 100 million people. Country by country, deaths by the state in China stand at 65 million, in the USSR 20 million, Vietnam 1 million, North Korea 2 million, Cambodia 2 million, Eastern Europe 1 million, Latin America 150,000, Africa 1.7 million, and Afghanistan 1.5 million. Additionally, the international Communist movement murdered about 10,000 people throughout the world. ""

Respect to all faiths, believers and non believers alike 8)

MadCat

Mikey said:
Cool. 8) It's taken me my whole life to come to these conclusions. Ever since I was a child though, I doubted religion and stuff. I went from being a Christian, to a Pagan, to a Wiccan, to just about everything else, studying everything I could to see what was out there and what people believed. About 3 years ago I came to my current conclusion = there's no god & religion is bull.

Yeah man it's like that with me. Not exactly in that order but I've done my research on alot of religions.

My conclusion is the same- It's not just bull, it's TOTAL BULL.

GettingThere

So we came from lightning striking a cesspool of chemicals.....sure.

And then we developed from this through the spontaneous development of organs...sounds like magic.

Albeano

Those are some interesting replys Albeano, but i don't think that God existence would be proof in any psychological or scientifical way,(NDE's) in order to give an exact image of God to the masses(people masses). as described by one(or ten) persons who experienced NDE'

Thanks, Masterpiece, I agree with you about proof of god, I think the proof is there if you choose to see it, but its subtle enough to be denied if thats what you want too. If there was difinitive proof of god it would do away with the free will idea. I think NDEs provide us with clues, not definate proof but interesting enough to make me take notice. Others choose to believe they are tricks of the brain, oxygen starvation, drugs etc, and choose not to believe or even read the research and evidence which already discounts any of those natural explanations, thats their choice and i dont have a problem with it. I only have a problem when someone insults my intelligence by suggesting that im in some way weak minded because I believe that the universe wasnt a series of miraculous happy accidents from start to finish.

Lol that whole infinite division of particles can melt your brain if you think on it too much. Not proof of god i agree, but fascintaing in its own right. The most logical conclusion to arrive at would be agnosticism as god cant be proved or disproved conclusively. Atheism is as much a leap of faith as believing, unless there is someone out there that can show me empirical evidence that would show me god doesnt exist. "God is shit therefore i dont believe" isnt enough to convince me im afraid.

Atheist nations are a unfair way to say all people living in that nation is atheist, wich i don't think is the case. from that point of view i don't see the relation between communism and religion. other that that, excelent replys.

Thanks again for the compliment.
I think its unfair to try and impose atheism on your people but that is what countrys such as the USSR, China, Cambodia and others did by oppression, murder and destruction of churches. Mao Tse Tung murdered millions of his own people in the name of communism as he tried to wipe out Christianity. This isnt ancient times, this is the 20th century that this happened.

"The more representatives from the reactionary clergy and the recalcitrant bourgeoisie we shoot," Lenin wrote in March of 1922, "the better it will be for us. We must teach these people a lesson as quickly as possible, so that the thought of protesting again doesn't occur to them for decades to come." When Lenin and his progeny were unable to teach the clergy a lesson, they simply murdered them. In 1922 alone, more than 8,000 priests, monks, and nuns were executed in the Soviet Union. Nearly a decade after the Revolution, however, 20,000 churches and mosques were still in operation. By 1941, that number shrank to less than 1,000. "In October of 1929 the seizure of all church bells was ordered because ‘the sound of bells disturbs the right of peace of the vast majority of atheists in the towns and countryside,'"

Werth points out.

Elsewhere, Communist leaders followed the anti-religious blueprint of Marx and Lenin. In 1967, Albania declared itself the world's first officially atheist nation and reduced more than 2,000 churches and mosques to rubble or expropriated them for state use. Almost fifty percent of all Catholics were killed in Cambodia, the highest fatality percentage for any demographic group. Moslems saw more than 40% of their co-religionists killed. Mosques and The Koran were burned and Pol Pot's henchmen sadistically forced followers of Islam to eat pork. In Romania, Communist persecution of Christians took on a sinister nature that eclipsed the practices of the Romans. The Romanian Secret Police encouraged prisoners to devise "reeducation" programs. The leader of one such program named "Eugen Turcanu devised especially diabolical measures to force seminarians to renounce their faith," co-author Karel Bartosek reports. "Some had their heads repeatedly plunged into a bucket of urine and fecal matter while the guards intoned a parody of the baptismal rite." Bartosek continues:

Source for quotes here http://www.academia.org/campus_reports/2000/March_2000_4.html

I also think there is far too much documented evidence of aliens and UFOs to be discounted out of hand. Over here in the UK the government has released previously secret files with hundreds of accounts of ET encounters, many by military personnel and other credible witnesses.

[/quote]