big black hole

blubs

hi everyone
I have been feeling depressed for at least part of each day for a while...but lately, the last few weeks, I've gone into a completely black depression and don't feel ok at all.
I spend about 10 to 12 hours by myself each day...and when I feel ok I can just about cope with it...but right now I don't feel like I can cope with it anymore.
I'm almost 4 months pregnant....so I don't know if this is causing my depression, or if its being alone all the time...I've heard of post-natal depression...but I don't know if pregnancy itself can cause it.
I don't want to mention it to my doctor..as I'm paranoid that when I have my baby I'll be monitored or something.
I don't really expect any advice...I just don't have anyone else to tell.

redlady

Hi blubs - pregnant!! congratulations. I'm sorry you are feeling so down though. I don't know...but perhaps it would be a good idea if you told your Doc about it. Goodness forbid that you do suffer from post natal depression - but offsetting something is always a good thing, yeah.
I wish you well and hope this black mood lifts :D Feel better soon.

blubs

Thanks redlady.
I'm going to give it a while before I mention anything to my doctor..& hope I can drag myself out of it. I don't know why but I just don't trust health professionals.

renegade

Sorry to hear you're feeling low, hope you can get better soon. I don't know about post natal depression, but I suppose that is the cause that makes you feel worse than ussual.

Btw, where did the father of the baby go ? :roll: Shouldn't he be supporting you ?

blubs

thanks for the replies..
My boyfriend is with me...and he knows how I'm feeling. I'm alone all day because he is at work..and then often does something after work.
You pretty much described exactly how I am feeling, worrydoll..as my whole day is just filling in endless hours while I wait for my boyfriend to get home..and then I'm still anxious as he's had a bellyful of people all day and wants to be quiet, and I've been so quiet and want to talk.
I do need to get out and have something else happen in the day...but I've become really reclusive.
I need to try something though..as I don't want to carry on feeling so helpless.
thanks xx

mara

I think that your depression is related to a hormonal problem. When I have the period, I feel that way, and I am sure the reason is that.

Chilling__Echo

yeah, your hormones are all over the place now. i just started birth control and having that hormone change spun me into depression.

plus being alone all day doesn't help i know. congradulations on being pregnant and i hope you feel better.

open windows and look out side! go for a walk. even if you have to walk down the street, change your environment - it helps

blubs

Thanks Harvey...that made me smile :)

I am feeling better. I looked up depression in pregnancy and its quite common, its called antenatal depression...
& its nearly christmas..which is good...
& it meant alot to me that I shared my feelings with the people here and got kind words and support :)