Birthday coming up and dreading it!

krs2snow

Hey there. Just a little update on the B-day thingy.
It totally sucked! But, it really, really wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be. I did indeed have some very red moments. At one point, there was a gift in a large box on my desk and a lady I work with was trying to help me get the box open and my hands were shaking so bad! I was just so flustered! Everyone wanted to be supportive and friendly and all the other good things that go along when wishing someone a happy birthday. I just have suuuuch a hard time being the center of attention! And for that one day I was. So, it was definitely hard! But in the end, I can honestly say, it was all very much appreciated. I spend so many days feeling like such an outcast and so ostracized- even though I know this is my own doing. I am so glad I faced this day and didn't let fear hold me back. Everyone did such a wonderful job of making me feel special and welcome. My only wish is that I could feel more comfortable with that. But, I am so happy I faced this one demon, small as it may seem, it was a big deal for me.

herringman1

I,M GLAD the birthday went well for you and happy birthday (a little late).Last year i was doing a 3 day course at the office..the 3rd day was my birthday and i thought no one knew or cared..when we took our dinner break the 3 office girls and 1 guy walks in with this cake..now there is 10 of us and they started singing happy birthday...it was not the worst day of my life but it was in the top 10..i had no escape and had to endure it..i could hear the wispers and the silence was the worst..but once again i got through it..God help us all with this curse