Blogging?

jd882

Does anyone else keep an online journal or blog? I love to start them but somehow have a hard time keeping up with them even though my mind is bursting at the seams with things to say.

What method do you use to discipline yourself to keep up with it? Does continuous writing to "strangers" out there on the interwebs make you feel better?

I have a site I post writings to. Like you I get hit with the inability to keep up with it. Maybe don't change a thing? You will write when the time is right.

Silatuyok

I have a blog. Sometimes I go for months without touching it, but I try to keep up with it because it is my main form of creative expression these days. I try to give myself little challenges, like posting every day for a month, or having a certain type of post every Wednesday, or something like that. Right now I've given myself the task of posting a new photo that I've taken each day. Even though I haven't been keeping up with it too well, it does remind me to post something more often than not. I find it pretty gratifying to see my blog following growing every time I post. I'm up to something like 30 random people following my blog, which I find strange, but hey I guess they like what they're seeing.

i also have a tumblr. its password protected, which i only give to those who i trust with it. i wouldnt want it to be public where any random person can read my private thoughts.
i never kept up with keeping a journal and i think now that some people have "expectations" and care enough to make the effort to type in my password to see if i posted something new, it helps me get motivated :) also, i noticed that things i just write in a private journal i never remember and therefore never learn from past mistakes and change patterns in behavior/thoughts. i just vomit my thoughts all over that page and then forget everything i wrote. that isnt the case with the blog.
aaaand, in a private journal i would usually not write my entire history, i obviously already know everything that happened. writing it all out on my blog has already helped me make some realizations and connections between past events and present issues.

i hope you decide to make one too :)

Overload

I run a blog about handheld/portable gaming, both new and old. We do reviews, opinions, and cover some news. It's not a journal or anything, but it's satisfying to write my opinions on various games.

I have a couple, one is a football one and the other is a reviewing one mainly for books, bit of a mix on it- some music, film and food reviews and recipes. I don't have a camera though and would like to do a-lot more on the food side as I love cooking. It something I just do for me, don't really care if it is read and sometimes wonder if there is a point to it! Don't think what I write is very good either. Gives me something to do though and I do really enjoy to write. It is not really about me and my life, rather my likes so not blogging in the real sense. Love to read other peoples blogs to.

Last edited:

Yarrow

I kept one in high school. I was a member of a lot of online communities, and sometimes people would meet through there and want to be in touch on a more personal note.