Blood-type?

Zoot

I was being tongue-in-cheek when I wrote we are doomed! And apologies for not counting the replies properly.

You are right in that the nervous system is very complex so it's unlikely that a pharmacological company/organisation is going to use valuable resources to research HH when there are plenty of treatments available already. Having the generalised condition is extremely unpleasant. Most people with HH probably have general increased sweating, hence the compensatory sweating you get when you have ETS surgery. I think anxiety-induced HH is something else altogether, that's just sweating when you're nervous like many people do.

And I agree with you - HH is not debilitating and, if HH is the only thing we have to worry about, we should be extremely grateful.

Personally if I was a billionaire I'd spend the money on drugs, good food, and gorgeous buff men. I'd also move to a sunny, warm island in the Caribbean. F*** the sweat!!

J39

Hi Klamm. This inuitiative is interesting. I have understood focal is HH on specific places, such as palms and and foot soles, and generalized is other boddy HH, such as night sweat. Focal HH is triggered by the fight or flight response, in other words from anxiety. - Yes, I know, we may not think we are "nervous", but the problem is this response is autonomous, and if the brain decide to respond this way, there is nothing we can do about it.
Anyway, in my opinion something is "sick" with this part of our sympathetic nervous system, and what sciense should do is to find where and do something about it. But the truth is they still don`t know why the response to anxiety is HH. And there is no need for it. No-one neds to sweat in the palms in order to run fast for cover in an emergency situation.

klamm76

Hi j39 ,sorry for the late respons to this topic.

Yea I agree whit you on this.But still why and where is there something "sick" in the nervous system that make us sweat for NO reason? Like I said earlier this is very difficult to understand togheter whit the brain,and we are maybe not enough people that suffer from this illness to find out either?

Thats why I try to find out ,or air out to you guys some of my opinions why!

So thats also why I want to find out as most as possibale on what bloodtype different HH sufferes has,because I belive that maybe we dont tolerate something that we let in to our bodies that makes us sweat.Or need something?

1 example for me is that I feel that sugar triggers my sweating more than normal,but it can be other things to,could have something to do about diabetes etc,bla,bla.

I dont know, but I want a discussion about this anyway,and would like to hear your opinion about bloodtype/HH.

Aramid

I am O+ and I suffer from cranial hyperhidrosis, palmar and plantar, back and chest hyperhidrosis.

klamm76

Hi,tank you very much for the reply.

But it sounds like you suffer from generalized HH because you have it all over the body.Is it mild or severe.?

Or what do you mean by your self generalized HH or focal/local HH?

Jezza

Another thing is that I dont personly think that local HH and generalised HH is the same kind of HH/problem.

Well, I don't know, I've been thinking about this lately as well, but from my own experience I think purely palmoplantar HH is the first phase of generalized HH. I have seen this in myself and also read about similar stories from others.

My HH started out as purely palmoplantar when I was about 13 y/o. I would notice in class my paws were moist and would leave prints on the table and my papers if I'd have them on there. At first it was only when it was hot or when I was feeling stressed (I wouldn't say now it was anxiety induced, especially also seeing the reaction to heat, but it still could be, in fact at that point I thought it was because I knew of no other reason for people to sweat in feet and hands).

Anyway, when I went outside, there was maybe a mild clammyness. It bothered me a lot, but it was purely hands and feet and I was convinced it would go away at some point as I grew older. Moreover, even apart from gym class, in high school we often played football or basketball outside, especially in summer, and my clothes would remain perfectly dry (no sweatpatches on trousers or arm pits at all).

This lasted till I was about 17y/o, when quite suddenly, the sweating became much worse and spread to my back, my back end, my legs/knees and sometimes also arm pits, from then on it's been getting worse and worse. Obviously, what changed here is that I formed apocrinne sweat glands, which develop in puberty (which was late for me, I grew about 30 cm (12 inch) in 2/3 years from 15 till 17, losing some of my eye sight in the process, which is quite normal for fast growth). I know so because officially eccrine sweatglands are only present in palms, feet and axills (axillary sweatglands=mixed apocrine/endocrine) and now I sweat in those other places as well.

Now interestingly, emotional sweating is said to only affect endocrine sweatglands, so you'd expect if it was purely anxiety induced, only feet, palms and axills would sweat...however this is not the case.

So...I think pamoplantar and generalized HH are the same thing, the only reason that (young) people have purely palmoplantar HH is because their sweatglands haven't fully developed yet in other areas of there body, hence, they can not possibly sweat profusely in those areas. It is a very simple explanation, but it might just be overlooked by medics...

My O-/generalised is already accounted for btw :lol:

klamm76

Hi Jezza.

Thanks for the info and reply to your bloodtype and your HH informations.

I dont have it like you.I almost only sweat on my hands and feet,and I am 32 years old now.

But it happen some very few times that I sweat in my face,back and butt.And it is not a problem either.After I have read your story I hope that it stays this way for me.And not get even worse than it already is.

Another thing I feel is that after I startet using the iontotreatments and that stopped hand/feet sweating 90-95%,it was after this I startet to sweat very mild and not often other places on the body?

Maybe you have a point that focal and generalised HH is the same.It seems to be the case for you at least.

But I think it is not the same,because I still think that people that sweat all over body(generalised HH).Can get this because of stress or anxiety e.t.c.

I do not claim this statment,just my toughts on it.And whit that it seems that you suffer from generalised HH and have bloodype O- it is following the pattern tho teh other people that have generalised HH and has answered this quiestions.The have also bloodtype O.

Still hope that more people who suffer from HH can answer what kind of HH they have and what blood-type they have.

BiGz

blast from the past this one. I still don't know my blood type but heres a short story of my earlier years which have something in common with the theories Jezza had.

I was fairly shy as a kid and wasn't terribly out going unless I was comfortable in my surroundings and I was easily embarrassed. Anyway I was taught at home up until year 7 than I went to school. That was really very traumatic for me and I know its had an impact on my life, year 8 was the worst. I had a teacher nicknamed the dragon and she had it out for my friend who was also home taught and myself. Through out this period other kids made life really difficult too as we were complete newbs to everything about school life.

Anyway my friend went to another school and later I joined him after he said how good it was. To start with it wasn't to bad but he was a lot shyer than me and I stuck by him through thick and thin which cost me friends and honestly the chance for popularity as I'd managed to make a few friends in the right places. Anyway he left again and this time I stayed on and immediately my social school life improved but a lot of damage had been done. I was honestly low on self esteem and to make things worse it wasn't to about yr 10 or 11 I noticed the HH which had probably been there before but had gone unnoticed or wasn't as bad. I still wasn't aware it was a abnormal condition and I didn't know what deodorants were affective so in short the last years of high school were another living hell of being self conchant.

So I don't know if its possible somehow that some kind of social phobia and extreme stress is a spark that ignites the fire rather than the opposite theory that HH brings on SP.

Anybody have a related story?

klamm76

blast from the past this one. I still don't know my blood type but heres a short story of my earlier years which have something in common with the theories Jezza had.

I was fairly shy as a kid and wasn't terribly out going unless I was comfortable in my surroundings and I was easily embarrassed. Anyway I was taught at home up until year 7 than I went to school. That was really very traumatic for me and I know its had an impact on my life, year 8 was the worst. I had a teacher nicknamed the dragon and she had it out for my friend who was also home taught and myself. Through out this period other kids made life really difficult too as we were complete newbs to everything about school life.

Anyway my friend went to another school and later I joined him after he said how good it was. To start with it wasn't to bad but he was a lot shyer than me and I stuck by him through thick and thin which cost me friends and honestly the chance for popularity as I'd managed to make a few friends in the right places. Anyway he left again and this time I stayed on and immediately my social school life improved but a lot of damage had been done. I was honestly low on self esteem and to make things worse it wasn't to about yr 10 or 11 I noticed the HH which had probably been there before but had gone unnoticed or wasn't as bad. I still wasn't aware it was a abnormal condition and I didn't know what deodorants were affective so in short the last years of high school were another living hell of being self conchant.

So I don't know if its possible somehow that some kind of social phobia and extreme stress is a spark that ignites the fire rather than the opposite theory that HH brings on SP.

Anybody have a related story?

For me it was/is the opposit.I was not shy as a kid,but pretty wild.I was not the worse in my class.I never liked to pick on others that I did know that was weaker than me.I was more like a justice kind of a person.More like eye for and eye,and thoot for thoot person.And then I usualy got in fights whit the stronger kids.
I also was very active. Went to karate,handball and soccer, all in once.But it was soccer who was my favorite,so as I got older I only played soccer,and was really good at it to..But then drinking,smoking,partying,girls was also fun,so there was that carriere over,hehe.Maybe not that good that I could be a proffessionale either anyway,hehe,but....Remember the HH bothered me in the karate,because no shoes on me.Yea, hope U understand why.

Point is I was an out-turned,confident and always had my own opinions no matter what, as a kid.And still is like that.But this HH shit has ruined many things for me to,even if I once took a job as a sales-man and probarely shaked 10-15 peoples hands every day.

Jeeez, when I think about it.I was going after a kid,because he was like a sheep in my opinion.He always was laughing if 10 other people where laughing e.tc.I saw him for an coward/ sheep that did not have his own opinions,but always followed others.Yea followed "the leader of the pack":)

And understand now today this much better,why he was like that.
I was confronting him then infront of the whole class.Called him a sheep,coward,etc,and he blushed as hell.And everytime after that he blushed as hell if even people looked at him,and said,,look he is blushing so easy,hahaha,blabla,e,t,c..I dont recall if he had this before,but I would think so,but nobody had noticed this before.
So he got a pretty hard time after that,because now his cover was spotted by everybody.If I had knowned what I know today.I had never done it.

And there I was walking around blowing in my hands and didnt have a clue that time,that we actually have the same problem.If the theory about an over active symphatic nervesystem is the reason for both blushing and HH??

Because i think he is still blushing easy today,so I think he has a diseas,as a blusher.

Looking at Jezza 4 theories.I can defently not relate to this shy thing.If I will relate to one of those theories I would be that I have hurt my self as a kid.I hurt my self pretty much.Specialy in my head.And because I have taken CT of my brain,I dont think I have a tumor there,because I would think the doctors had seen it.Somethings the doctors have to know at least.So the tumor theory also,for me is out the window.

BiGz

Hey Klamm soccer is my favorite too. I was kinda the same even though i didn't feel courageous i always stood up for myself and got into fights because of it.

klamm76

Hehe,yep sounds like me,hehe.Only U used 3 sentece to say about the same that my point was:)

Little off topic this,but what the hell.Cant aaaalways ramble about this HH shit.

Do you still play soccer? If you are from the states,I didnt think that it was so populare over there.But if U live in the U.K,then I understand.

Anyway,I hope U still have the chanse to play.

Soccer has given me so much,I think I would be a criminal or something if I dont have had soccer to go to, and blow out some steam.And the HH part have never had a negative impackt related to my HH either:)

I dont play any longer,because of other different medical problem that stops me.Btw I am beginning to get to old also now.I am 32 years old.

But if my health have been at least 95% good I guess id still would play some few years more.Its very important to do something you like/love to, in all the missory,hehe.

BiGz

I heartily agree. I live in Australia but my parents are from the UK so thats where I get my love of the game. I haven't played in a long time as I injured my knee and now it hurts me to run, normally I grit my teeth and put up with it but now I feel to worn out to do anything these days. I guess its all the stress of coping with HH and wondering if I'll ever get anywhere not to mention I have a sleep disorder as well so I'm always tired, so generally when the weekend comes round I just chill out.