Blushing in class

ShadowCat

Whenever I'm the center of attention in class, like when I answer a question or am asking a question, I start blushing really badly. I'm so embarrassed by it, then I just make it worse by worrying about it. Do other people think it's bad when you blush? Do you think the teachers think I'm odd because I blush in class like this? Should I even be worried about this?

Sonne

I'm the same way you are. I always wonder if everyone in my classroom think I'm some weirdo for turning absolutely red for no apparent reason, or if they even notice my change of skin tone at all. But, to tell you the truth, I really don't think they care all that much. So try not to let the fact that people are watching you turn red make the situation worse!

It's really hard to tell yourself to stop blushing when your teacher decides to call on you to answer a question. So I'd love to know how to supress it, too.

stephiieen

alright,
i have a cure for everyone who blushes

first of all, just deal with it. I mean seriously, theres a part of you that always has to feel bad for yourself, to keep trying to solve the problem. Many experts say "try to imagine this", or "pardoxial whatever intentions method. These can be helpful and stuff, but sometimes you just have to say to yourself "screw blushing in these types of situations". Like if you sitting in class and the teacher calls on you and you stutter before you say the right answer, you may blush. Just say to yourself "you know what, i dont really care anymore, blushing has ruined my life for the past 328597324980years and im not gonna let it defeat me.

Never forget, you have the power to change anything.

Now, you can either fight blushing like that, which works for some people, or you can do this. The real way to defeat an enemy is to find theyre weakness. Now blushing has a weakness that most people dont see right away. Its just to not care anymore. Some people have the power to change it easily, some people can cure themselves. Others might need some help. Dont screw yourself with medication:not the route to go. Go to <www.hypnosisdownloads.com>. Go to self improvement and then cure blushing. It may seem like bs at first but im telling you, the power of it is incredible. Me being a freshman in highschool, i had blushing problems before. I used to blush in church, and usually any other social place you can think of. So far, after just listening to it twice, i never blush in church anymore. In school, its not completely cured yet but theres an improvment. A big improvement.

I dont know about you but i would pay $9.00 to fix all the embarrasment of blushing. Good luck.

Anonymous

stephiieen said:
alright,
i have a cure for everyone who blushes

first of all, just deal with it. I mean seriously, theres a part of you that always has to feel bad for yourself, to keep trying to solve the problem. Many experts say "try to imagine this", or "pardoxial whatever intentions method. These can be helpful and stuff, but sometimes you just have to say to yourself "screw blushing in these types of situations". Like if you sitting in class and the teacher calls on you and you stutter before you say the right answer, you may blush. Just say to yourself "you know what, i dont really care anymore, blushing has ruined my life for the past 328597324980years and im not gonna let it defeat me.

Thats crap, you cant stop blushing by teling yourself to not blush *rolls eyes* the best i can do is concentrate on something, like tapping my foot, breathing deeply pushing out my stomach and if need be lie on my schoool desk lol, boy it sucks

Anonymous

I think that's wonderful advice. Whenever i am in an uncomfortable situation i usually tell myself.... "I have a right to be like everyone else, i have a right to be "normal" and i basically dont care what happens... It works and then sometimes when i forget to give myself a prep talk lol then i can blush. Basically, what i think causees my own blushing problem is my lack of confidence, and the cure for that.... i believe.... is to rise up and be strong. Look people in the eye when u talk to them, talk loud, be friendly... thats basically my problem, i quiver and try to be as silent as possible, but when someone talks to me ... BOOM red red red red red. I mean, i sometimes still i go slilghty red, but really now.... if peopel see a person with a red face, but with a strong personality who isn't acting really quiet, it'll look normal. If you're trying to not be seen, you will be seen.

And whenever i do blush, i just face it... this is me.... whatever, it really doesnt matter. I've seen people with really red faces before i had my own problem, and i didnt look twice.

Anonymous

I think the best thing to do is try not to focus on it. The more you focus on it the more you will blush. People may take notice for a minute if they see you blushing, but a lot of people do it so they probably don't think much of it. I blush everytime any attention is placed on me, but I'm very fairskinned so my face gets red for any reason. Like if I'm hot or angry so most people just think I blush anytime I feel any type of emotion or they think I get angry a lot.

Chilling__Echo

i've heard people say before that the way they got over it was thinking about it and i've also heard the opposite. everyone has their ways

Annoyed

That is exactly what happens to me too. I just got so obsessed with it now that when I am at school it is all I think about, I just go bright red when I talk or read in class or just randomly when the teacher is talking or when I'm eating lunch. I think obsessing about it has just made it worse because I'm always expecting myself to go red but I can't stop thinking it, believe me I've tried to concentrate on other things but I can't. Just try not to think about it before you get trapped like me.

karmen

I can also relate to this problem, i feel more comfortable in some classes more than others. Sometimes when im at home i read a loud just to get used to it. It might also help to practice reading to small groups of people like your family or a small group of friends. I find if i volunteer to awnsera question it is better than having to anticipate the shock of being called on.

DYiNG-iNSiDE

i know wat ur talkin about. im the same way and i hate it. have u ever had a teacher point it out 2 the class? i have many times 4 sum reason i always get stuck w the asshole teachers.

yay

[/quote]

Thats crap, you cant stop blushing by teling yourself to not blush *rolls eyes* the best i can do is concentrate on something, like tapping my foot, breathing deeply pushing out my stomach and if need be lie on my schoool desk lol, boy it sucks[/quote]

NO! What YOU do is crap. tapping your foot and all that shit makes you looks nervous. I think stephieen's idea is good because i've done it before and it helped me. I was self-cured ^_^
Sometime ppl need to learn how to be less self-concious

prince1

-alone- said:
...i had that problem too but now i have a trick! >>i tell myself to blush..and that kinda has an opposite effect....it works for me!

lol, i wish it worked like that. Your still thinking about blushing so you still blush which is crap :( Anyway best way to stop blushing in school is to slip some alchole into a flask and use it when you will be most sensative, well that what i do.

Blushed

Amen to stephiieen post. The bottom line is not caring about blushing and not resisting blushing is the only way to get rid of the problem. Or aleast get massive relief from it.