Can Agoraphobia exists without a presence of Social Phobia?

rado31

Hey.

I was just wondering..

I mean if you are severe SP-obhic(like me) , you wont get far away:D :?

I m very curios about person that has got only agoraphobia, guess they have some trauma or so , thatswhy they dont leave house. Maybe SP can be observed as total traumatic life because of sensitivity both pshyisicall and mental.

And does SP can exists in one persona , without being agoraphobic?
I see a lot of people here travel which is a pretty big deal for me. Almost impossible and either on my own or with the one very close to me.

rado31

basically i dont read wiki except for the funny stuff. Whole idea seemes mad to me. So, anyone can contribute to any article and put it without censorship no matter how ignorant he is?

SilentType

Banned
Psychologically speaking, social anxiety must be present before agoraphobia. Avoidant personality disorder is what comes after panic disorder gets out of control. It's as simple as that.

Peace

Hefalump

SilentType said:
Psychologically speaking, social anxiety must be present before agoraphobia. Avoidant personality disorder is what comes after panic disorder gets out of control. It's as simple as that.

Peace

I agree with this, when i was at school end of yr 8, i was bullied by a lot of people in my year and after that i became recluse and kept myself to myself, i was still being bothered by people towards me end of school yr11. Then i had to go to college and i was petrified of getting the bus into college. my college years werent good either. when people used to talk to me i got shakey and freeze up trying to talk to them. Still the same today and i avoid going out to public places just incase some stranger wants to talk to me or start a fight with me etc. I feel the safest when i'm at home because i know nothing bad will happen.

celestialrecluse

uhm toughie. i was 15 when i would say i started with SA i could leave the house, go to college i just strayed away from my social circle, when i was 17 for some reason it just stopped i found my confidence and started going out interacting with others! i was a normal teenager again! i then became mildly agoraphobic due to a rather traumatic event. my agoraphobia then branched out into depression, which then led onto increasing SA. So to answer your question, im not really sure how i would, i think they go hand in hand, but i think agoraphobics are definitely more than likely going to become Social phobics than social phobes becoming agoraphobic!?