Can bed-wetting be traumatic?

yesman

The reason why I want to know is this: I think I have Munchausen's. I've noticed that a bunch of people who have Munchausen's have it because they were unloved by their parents, or abused themselves, or endured some horrible experiences. Then, where was my horrible experience? The only bad thing that happened in my childhood was my bed-wetting, up until the age of around 9. It made me feel so shameful, and I remember getting so angry when I found that my pull-ups were wet all the time.

Is bed-wetting enough to traumatize someone? In the present, I am constantly described as kind, always smiling, and friendly. But not in the past. In grade 5, I think I faked being suicidal, then ended up REALLY being suicidal. But I still faked it!

PS Sorry everyone, I didn't know where else to post this thread, so I posted it here.

Last edited:

Flanscho

Münchhausen? Depends. That you once fakes suicide doesn't mean that you have Münchhausen syndrome. Especially if that happened as a teenager, where new hormones run through your veins and your body changes and you become emotional and moody and whatnot.

Do you really spend most of your time in different hospitals, where you constantly make up ridiculous stories to have people pay attention to you?

Bedwetting? Well, everything can be traumatic to everyone, since we all perceive things individually. So: sure. Though I personally don't think that it would result in Münchhausens. But I'm no professional doc, so that's just my personal opinion.

In case of doubt, I'm always trying to be positive. Why should I assume to have some syndrome or illness or serious problem, when I have as much reason to assume that I don't? Why should I want to have more problems than necessary?