Can you spell...?

nesh

I wanted to know what you think of this. You can't help but laugh because of the awkwardness created by this genius, but I also feel for the kid. Some of the comments are interesting, and quite harsh, and could answer the question put forward in the topic 'impression shyness gives'. Although I think this kid goes beyond shyness (Aspergers maybe?). A lot of ppl call the kid snotty, jerk, etc. It just goes to show how rejected you are in society if you haven't got social skills.

What do you think?

Oh yeah, note the blatant subway plug, lol.

lally

Some of the replies to that video really pissed me off especially this one:

i've yet to meet a homeschooled kid who doesn't have social problems.

homeschooling your child is the most idiotic thing anyone could do.

Unlike him, I've YET to meet a homeschooler who has a social disability. I'm homeschooled myself so I've been around homeschoolers and know what they're like. But it's not only homeschoolers that may have social awkwardness kids who attend public/private schools probably have it as well.

Anyways, if that kid has some type of autism people really shouldn't be making rude comments. I couldn't tell if the kid was shy, autistic, or just a snot.

lally

justnesh said:
I know! They pissed me of too. Ppl are so critical. Social skills aren't everything right?

Here are some words of wisdom about Awkwardness from a 9 year old girl.

Here

Very smart kid. I couldn't of said it better myself.

recluse

justnesh said:
I know! They pissed me of too. Ppl are so critical. Social skills aren't everything right?

Here are some words of wisdom about Awkwardness from a 9 year old girl.

Here

Social skills = Hapiness in my experience. I am not living a fullfilling life due to my poor social skills.

nesh

True. I'm unhappy because I have such bad social skills. At the moment social skills = everything. But I'm trying to tell myself they're not. But then again where can you go in life without socializing? ...I don't know. :(

recluse

nesh said:
True. I'm unhappy because I have such bad social skills. At the moment social skills = everything. But I'm trying to tell myself they're not. But then again where can you go in life without socializing? ...I don't know. :(

Having good social skills is important in other aspects of life too, like in pursuing a career and getting promotions in the work place. I'm wondering if there are any social phobics who have good jobs/careers? Because I think that bad social skills=not much hope of a career and decent pay.

Thelema

Don't try to convince yourself social skills don't matter. They do matter. More than looks and money sometimes. You guys and girls that haven't ever had a relationship know it wasn't because you weren't good looking enough.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm trying to motivate you. My social skills suck too.