can't tell if guy likes me, please help

ForeverTheWeirdKid

Doesn't seem like he's comfortable or confident with women. Guy's think that theres some magical way to be aroud women or else they won't like you. That's not the case though. That's why.

ImNotMyIllness

........Hmmmm. He could be shy. If you like him, as him questions about his interests. i.e what does he like to do on weekends etc. Maybe you guys have something in common to build on.

ImNotMyIllness

I'm kind of afraid to ask him anything other than work related stuff. I have social anxiety, low confidence, and am painfully awkward. I do know what some of his interests are from "research" lol, but I don't know how or when to bring it up. :eek:mg:

Doesn't it suck!.........Well, don't worry about being awkward because he sounds very shy too. You could try bringing up topics that you know he has an interest in to grab his attention. He might find it easier to converse this way.

Diend

If you truly truly like him. Please make the first move for yourself. Kill the curiosity and move on as soon as possible. You're wasting your time by waiting, right?

R3K

whenever i'm in that lunch break situation with a female coworker this conversation always happens:

her: "So what days do you usually have off?"
me: "uh, Mondays and Wednesdays."
her: "what do you do when you're off?"
me: "umm, just relax and walk to this nearby thai restaurant and drink boba locas."

*long pause while I battle conversation anxiety*

me: "so what about you, what do you do on your days off?"
her: "go to clubs, bars, drink with my (millions) of friends and wake up in random ppls' houses."
me: "what kind of music do they play at the clubs you go to?"
her: "oh everything, sometimes dubstep blah blah..."

then I plateau socially, as both of us decide that we're just BS'ing and that she's not actually interested in inviting me to go clubbing with her and her cool friends due to my general awkwardness. but that's fine, I guess. at least i'm able (barely) to get through a conversation with a girl even if I have no chance at scoring a date with her.

anyway, the point i'm tryin to make is you should try to get a conversation going with this guy next time you're sitting together even if the whole process bears no fruit. just figure out a way to talk about music or movies. a good opener line is

"have you seen Wolverine(or whatever movie you saw lately or want to see)?" then work from there

SmartyPants

Hiya Sowa,

Do you know if he has a girlfriend or wife maybe? I kinda had a situation at work where I really liked a guy. He and his mate made out that he liked me too. I was moving at the time and his friend said ... Jack will help you move. I said but I hardly know him. He said "dont worry he will". We were playfully flirting with each other for a while until Id had enough and said to his mate " I like Jack will you give him my number? His mate looked at me as if I was stupid and said: Hes got a girlfriend and kids. I didnt even want anything with him, just to spend some time outside of work to get to know him a bit better.

About a month later he told me he was leaving this job. On the day he left he said hed lefty his number on my desk. I didnt even look at it. I threw it away.

If I hadve found out in the begining that he was in a relationship I wouldnt have been interested.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
the direct approach?

doyoulikeme1.jpg

HHDisturbed

Last I checked his profile he's up in the middle of the night blogging about outer space. I think that qualifies him as single...and nerdy lol.

LOL Well, after all space is the final frontier.

It sounds like he has some SA himself...especially when it comes to talking to females. Do you ever see him conversing openly and comfortably with other women? If yes then he probably really likes you but too shy to act. If no, he may still like you but he probably has general SA and has a difficult time making conversation with anyone.

I like Nathaniel's idea. If you like him then be direct and make the first move. Ask him about quasars, supernovas or magnetars! Oh oh oh! Tell him you'ld like to see HIS C.M.E. sometime. (coronal mass ejection).

HHDisturbed

Yes! He talks to the other women all the time but they are either married or way older, so he probably sees them as non-threatening. He was walking by me w/customers today and I saw him look directly at me but he didn't say anything. He sort of paused then went on w/the customers.
I don't know much about outer space, so we'll see what happens :bigsmile:

You are probably right on the non-threatening thing. But oh yeah...he likes you, he's probably just shy and he fumbles a bit when you are near. When you can steal a brief moment when no one else is around lean in and whisper in his ear, "I think you're cute" then go back to what you were doing and see how he reacts.

Last edited:
he passed by me a few times today but neither of us said anything. oh well. I won't see him til the weekend. i'll try to give it a go, even though i kinda feel like a predator going after some prey lol.

That's exactly the mindset you need to have! Go get 'em! When I was scoping out a new conquest back in the day I sometimes felt like a fox in a hen house.