cat burgler

durda_dan

Not really OCD related per sae. But
I was taking out my trash and there was an old, dirty beaten up cat on teh street, and it followed me, i took a step back it took one back i took 2 to the left it took 2 to the left. i opened my door, and it came with me.
I gave it a bath, i cleaned it up.
It seems to have a broken tail, and some sort of eye infection. But it's now my cat.
i named it king.
it is apparent it used to be someone elses cat, it has short fur around where a collar used to be, not there when i found it. It has broken claws probably from being thrown out and having to survivve on it's own for the first time. a sad cat really.

It follows me everywhere throughout my house. and it slept along side me and my girlfriend yesterday, although closer to me.
and since i had this cat it made my anxiety kind abig, but i have had None, Litterally no OCD attacks.

I head stories of a cat or a dg that will comfort sick people and take away some of their pain. Maybe this cat is a sign from God. that things are going to get better.
today i have had no anxiety, and no OCD. even when i was on a bus, i would normally get something. i even prodded it a second, and still nothing my OCD was non-existant.
:)
King is my savior. My Knight in dull armor (shining now since he had a bath)
my hero. litterally i feel as though because of him i am going to get better!

Perfidion

Animals don't care if you're a social misfit. Just so long as you're kind to them, they'll love you regardless. They make people look bad by comparison.

Morgan01

that's so great.. it makes me feel bad because I just poste about how we put my rat out on the street and now she is going to be like that cat... I feel like an awful person. hopefully someone like you will find her..and want her.. but honestly who does that with rats especially where I live.. noone will know she is a domesticated rat.. : (

dottie

cats are the best thing in the world. i'm glad you two found each other to take care of each other! i demand a picture!

♥ sweet kiss ♥

^ omg lolz~

That's good for you durda dan. It was nice of you to just take in that stray kitty like that. I got my cat from the animal shelter 4 months ago and I can see a slight change as far as feeling better about myself and not being as emotional :)

durda_dan

StillCap0017.jpg

this is me and king

I'd love to get a pet- probably a cat. Maybe once I have a job I'll adopt one. I think that having a furry companion is a great stress/anxiety reliever for whatever happens to be ailing you.

That's such a great story, and a great looking cat. I've been trying to make my apartment cat-proof so I can get a cat soon. I found this cool oak branch it can use as a scratching post, and I want to build some places for it to look out the windows. I love cats.

SilentType

Banned
I have a fat black/grey stripe with white belly cat that sleeps in a basket on top of my fridge. Haha his name is Earl.

Peace

durda_dan

i have a question i have a cat back home in canada, But king wont eat or drink. atleast he wont drink clean water, he will only drink tap water, *i live in china could make him really sick*
and he pokes his nose into the hard food i bought him but he wont eat much.
is there an easy way to tell how old a cat is? maybe he is too old for hard food, maybe it hurts his teeth?

also he sometimes drools, my canadian cat doesn't drool, i think maybe King is old...
what if me addopting him cleaning him and taking care of him was in vain what if he dies soon?
i don't want him to die, he is such a good cat, he uses the little box, he doens't meow much. he follows us and sleeps along side us.
he is constantly purring, i can't even listen to his heart rate to tell if he is healthy or not because he is purring too much, he is always happy
Although he doesn't eat or drink much, he doesn't like to play or run, and he sometimes drools.....

dottie

sometimes cats purr when they're uncomfortable or nervous. i know, wierd. but definitely take him to a vet. it sounds like he is sick. not eating, drooling, purring the whole time is unusual. keep us posted!

durda_dan

unfortunately i odn't have money to take myself to a doctor, nor to take him to a vet. I mixed some water with his hard food and made it soft, and he ate that, Seems like the hard food he wont touch.

he is sleeping now, i got a listen of his heart when he was sleeping, and it sounds quite normal in comparison to my canadian cat.
I'm not a doctor, But i think,
His tail is in a lot of pain, and just like when you are hurt maybe you don't want to run around. So he is probably taking it easy letting his tail get better. He might be old, he wants soft food. (or maybe because chinese people never give cats or dogs cat or dog food, but rather people food, maybe it thinks i will give it some rice and chicken, He was hrut when i took him in. His eye is getting better, and he is a lot more active now than he was 2 days ago. But the lack of eating and drinking is kinda scaring me.

dottie

is he peeing/pooing ok? is he straining? going regularly? hope you two are doing good!

durda_dan

he is peeing and pooing ok.
i am worried of his mouth, his gums started to bleed. he can only eat soft food.
i give him soft food, but they still bleed.
i read about a disorder. if a cat has it, they could bleed from the mouth and drool, i'm sure thats what he has.

i went to a pet website and described the ailments, and they said

to help a cat get fully better if in such a bad condition could take hundreds of dollars. i don't have money to check myself for OCD.
the tail maybe will have to get amputated.... Not on my watch it aint
and if bad enough he will have to be put down....
i don't want to put him down... but would it be more humane? right now he might be living in excruciating pain.

i read on a website if a cat has feeling in it's tail it wil get control of it's tail back, but nerves row back so slow that it could take 6 months for Kings tail to come back....