Catcalling and sounds

Lamb

So, I went out very early in the morning and took a risk trying to help a boyfriend get his sh*tfaced drunk girlfriend into their apartment. After about an hour of listening to her ramble and dealing with her screams and fights we succeed. I feel good because I helped, and I guess no SA is involved talking to a drunk girl (she mostly did the talking). Upon leaving and walking a few houses up the street I hear a "sppppfffffttt" come from a car that's parking with two males in it. My anxiety heightens and I walk faster to get inside. I always say I don't like being around cars at night or alone for this reason. It's one of my biggest fears as the adrenaline starts kicking in. Now I'm waiting for it to shoot back down, and am wide awake. Just felt like posting. It's funny to think I'll be ok because I'm near my house, I won't have any encounters- yet that happens. I feel like I shouldn't be so fearful even though I think it's a situation that would make any girl uneasy.

Is there a benefit males get from making sounds or remarks to girls? Is it to instill fear? Never understood how they'd get any attention that way. And girls, has this happened to you? Have you ever done anything about it?

Last edited: