Check, Check and Check Again ...

How many times to you re-read / preview your post before Submitting it?

• Only Once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3 Times

• 4-5 Times

• 6+ Times

• Total voters

Karail

While writing creating another thread i realised that i re-read / preview my post about 10 times before actually posting, as i am so worried i will say something silly. The irony of this situation made me giggle, as i am on a site about coping with my SA and i am so worried about what i am saying i am re-reading my post this many times.

So i decieded to create a poll to see how many other people out there are like me and check, check and check again before posting.

* this post was checked only 3 times, i am so proud of myself lol :) *

blight

i do that too and i also re-read emails a lot before i send them. it's actually one thing i'm not really worried about though, and i think it's probably a benefit in some situations. at work for example i think i usually send some of clearest emails, usually explaining the issues a lot better than even my boss or other people involved, and it's largely b/c i always recheck them and spend more time...

maybe the reason i started doing that was b/c i was worried about how stupid and awkward they sounded, but eventually i think i took a sort of pride in writing decently when i wanted to.

Hastur

Last email I wrote took me a month, for 3 lines... 10 days a line?
every time I would start correcting and rephrasing, then get distracted, forget about it for the day, then start all over again.

Do not contact Hastur by mail, lest ye be procrastinated upon.

The_9th_passenger

I read about that in a self-help book called I'm Ok you're ok or something like that.
It has to do with pressure upon yourself, we demand too much on ourselves, we expect to be perfect and fear to have the least wrong thing in our shoulders. Probably we had week parents -or cowards to use the right word- who pushed us to perfectionism as a way to scape their cowardness in front of life. They wanted to control us that way so that they had something/someone under control, wich is something they couldn't do with most items/situations of their own lifes.
Apply to a good psichology book or visit some webs to get info on that. Excuse my non-English-speaker English :wink:

PD: this was written at once tough I've been correcting it during writing process :wink:

Gloomy

It took me 2 months to register at this forum
and another 2 months to post anything.
Maybe in another 2 months I'll start a thread.
I only reread this post 2 times. :wink:

maggie

Karail said:
While writing creating another thread i realised that i re-read / preview my post about 10 times before actually posting, as i am so worried i will say something silly. The irony of this situation made me giggle, as i am on a site about coping with my SA and i am so worried about what i am saying i am re-reading my post this many times.

So i decieded to create a poll to see how many other people out there are like me and check, check and check again before posting.

* this post was checked only 3 times, i am so proud of myself lol :) *
hiya Karail....i usually check and double check a whole lot of stuff i do in a day........it's exhausting :roll:

renegade

I never checked my last posts, if i repeated myself or made grammar mistakes or typos or other shit, i don't care, fuck it :twisted:

I know I will eventually say something that to some people would sound silly and to others normal...there are different oppinions, concepts, princples, way of thinking, tastes and all that.

Something silly for someone could be something verry interesting for another that would take it like a good intended joke...so think of it this way :wink:

later edit: I first wrote: '' i'll never checked my last...'' so that had to be corected :lol:

later later edit: boy i really fucked up this message with grammar mistakes, so from respect to others i'll write it right :oops:

Toad

This is the reason that about half of my posts never see the light of day. I generally check each sentence after I type it...go back and re-read the entire post and correct minor errors...re-read again and change anything that still doesn't sound how I want it to...may change the order around and then re-read it a few more times...and then occasionally just say fuck it and close out of the site. I dunno...can't really say I have a set amount of times I check stuff...I just keep doing it until I am satisfied with it or get fed up with it.