Chicago

this_portrait

I'm under the impression that Chicago is the ABSOLUTE WORST place to be when you suffer from SAD. I swear, everyone here is just so Goddamn social it's annoying. I haven't found one person here who could possibly be like me. It's depressing.

But I'll try one last time. If you live in Chicago, and you suffer from SAD, REPLY TO THIS.

Lea

Banned
I am not from Chicago but I would come gladly if you found me a job there :D.

Btw. I´ve been to Chicago, just shortly, traveling through. Nice city. I´ve been to the USA in 2003 for about 4 months and liked it. I like the open spaces, and especially the desert. I think USA was quite easygoing and a comfortable place just for life.. :) I didn´t live in a big city but anyway I think they´re everywhere the same. Generally, people are nicer in the country.

this_portrait

Well, I did some searching on Google, and apparently there's a FREE SA peer group that goes on once a week here in Chi-city, over on the UIC campus. I signed up to go to a meeting this Sunday. I'm both excited and nervous as hell about it.

recluse

It's the same here really....In fact everywhere i go people are social (o'r atleast in comparison to me) which makes me feel more alienated. What you find here where i live is that people live life sllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwww and just spend hours a day talking about nothing. People here have all the time in the world and it's annoying!

paintedblue

I'm under the impression that Chicago is the ABSOLUTE WORST place to be when you suffer from SAD. I swear, everyone here is just so Goddamn social it's annoying. I haven't found one person here who could possibly be like me. It's depressing.

But I'll try one last time. If you live in Chicago, and you suffer from SAD, REPLY TO THIS.

I live in Chicago and suffer from SAD, and yes it does definitely suck in the city if you suffer from SAD.

Most people in SA/SP forums have never met other people like them, and no matter where they live, it's going to seem like absolutely everyone is super-social. At least people in Chicago are known to be nicer than in many other big cities.

I totally avoid socializing, but I still love being out in Chicago, even if I'm always just by myself. I went to college in the city, now live in a quiet suburb, and I miss the days when I could spend hours walking along the lakefront and sitting around at Millenium Park. What I hate is how SA keeps some of us from really enjoying living in a city with such a great nightlife and so many cool events and stuff, which we often end up missing out on.

I'm from Dallas but I'll be going to Chicago this Wednesday.
I'll be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. Look me up :D
Don't really want to go, but my mom (yes my mom) is making me go with her. She wants to see some big concert there this weekend.
So yeah, look me up and save me!
I think the only thing that will save me is that I can pick out a guitar there and take it to my room to play.

coyote

I spent a third of my life in Chicago. I love it there, really!

Nice part about living in a big city is that you can be totally anonymous most of the time - your own neighbors across the hall don't even know your name.

Now i live in a small town where everybody is in everyone else's business. *sigh*

At least the scenery is pretty here.