Choose Your Poison

Lemonheadzuccini

A stranger walks up to you with three apples: one gold, one silver and one lead. The gold one gives you immortality BUT you will live life alone and hated. The silver one gives you mortality BUT you can only live for 5 more years, granted those five are the BEST years of your life and you die peacefully in your sleep. Lastly, the lead apple gives instant death with a 20% chance of not working and you being able to live life normal again...
Choose your poison

I would pick the golden apple.

Nothing much changes in that scenario. And while silver is appealing, considering my ambitions 5 years wouldn't be enough time. I'd much rather try to make things work in immortality. Even if hated, I could still try to do good things for others.

mixedupgirl

Silver one all the way.... I would hate to live forever alone and be hated, that would be like living in hell and I wouldn't want to risk dying on the spot to live a normal life. I'd rather have the best 5 years of my life....THAT'S if I had to choose, if the stranger offered all those options and then said but you don't have to pick any, I wouldn't pick any lol.

Srijita52

Silver one all the way.... I would hate to live forever alone and be hated, that would be like living in hell and I wouldn't want to risk dying on the spot to live a normal life. I'd rather have the best 5 years of my life....THAT'S if I had to choose, if the stranger offered all those options and then said but you don't have to pick any, I wouldn't pick any lol.

Same here.

The silver one for sure.

Wait... what does that last sentence mean? The lead apple, if it doesn't kill you, will eliminate the reason you wanted to die in the first place? Or you mean you will just be stuck living the same life you are now?

Last edited:

this_portrait

Hmm... The lead apple. I've always wondered how many people would care if I was in a near-death experience (no, I'm not suicidal). Assuming that 'normal' life after that experience is content, I'll go for it.

I will take the diamond apple.. but I cannot tell you what it does.. it is a secret

in order to enable, just press start select start select a b a b start..

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The silver one for sure.

Wait... what does that last sentence mean? The lead apple, if it doesn't kill you, will eliminate the reason you wanted to die in the first place? Or you mean you will just be stuck living the same life you are now?
Yes, I'd thought perhaps the OP meant a 20% chance of being anxiety-free with an 80% chance of death.