Classic, epic or just great films you've not yet seen.

Slywire

I was reading the other thread about movie villans and i realised that alot of the listed films i hadnt seen. I've never seen the Sixth Sense, i found out how it ended by watching 50 First Dates in which its explained.

Theres loads of films that people think are classics that i havent seen, so is there anyone else like me yet to watch Blade Runner for example?

Here's my list of films ive yet to see:
The Shawshank Redemption
All the Godfather films
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Goodfellas
Psycho
Memento
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Alien (ive seen all the ones after it)
Blade Runner
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Sixth Sense
Donnie Darko

Slywire

I've not seen Casablanca either. Growing up i was made to watch musicals so i know alot of Doris Day films and songs.

And Donnie Darko is supposed to be a cult film, i did buy it many years ago but never watched it.

Slywire

If you get around to watching the Batman films only watch the 1st and 2nd with Keaton in-the rest blow.
And as a kid the superman films were cool but watching them now at 30, they look terrible.

Remus

Staff member
I was reading the other thread about movie villans and i realised that alot of the listed films i hadnt seen. I've never seen the Sixth Sense, i found out how it ended by watching 50 First Dates in which its explained.

Theres loads of films that people think are classics that i havent seen, so is there anyone else like me yet to watch Blade Runner for example?

The Shawshank Redemption
All the Godfather films
Goodfellas
Psycho
Memento
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
The Sixth Sense
Donnie Darko

Wow good list!

Still not seen The Grudge all the way through, tried twice and it just spoooks me out and I have to sleep with the light on! mummy! :eek:

anxiety1408

The Shawshank Redemption
All the Godfather films
Goodfellas
Psycho
Memento
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
The Sixth Sense
Donnie Darko

Watch Memento Its Epic :cool: Shawshank redemption is also a good film =) I myself need to see the sixth sense

Luke1993

The Shawshank Redemption
All the Godfather films
Goodfellas
Psycho
Memento
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
The Sixth Sense
Donnie Darko

Alien is the only one I've seen on that list lol

Tiercel

I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy

I have 'em all. So if you start walking now, and keep moving in a general left-to-right direction, you'll probably be here sometime in the spring. By that time you'll have lived them, and won't need to watch them.

I'd make a joke about orcs, but I don't want to be accused of racism by those who are unfamiliar with the general culture level of most inhabitants in the greater Philadelphia area. So I'll just say "Philadelphia sports fans" instead. That should give you the general idea.

coyote

Schindler's List, wasn't that supposed to have been a good movie? Oh, and citizen kane? And um, ben-her, right? I haven't seen any of those. Or any of the Godfather movies, or scarface, or the Goodfellas. Or any of the jaws movies.

out of all of those - you definitely should see Schindler's List

it's more than just a movie

Tiercel

out of all of those - you definitely should see Schindler's List

it's more than just a movie

It's a World War II movie. ;)

Just without all the nifty explosions, vehicles, and overly-dramatic battlefield deaths. But that would have just ruined it.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Oh, and when I watched Citizen Kane in college I struggled to stay awake through it. Cool title, but so much drama for just a freakin' sled. The ring in Schindler's List was much more rewarding.

Tuco

Some of mine are:
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Dr Zhivago
Taxi driver
Psycho
Blade runner
Star wars films
Lord of the rings films
Matrix films

I am planning on seeing Citizen Kane soon

Tuco

Find a TV right now and watch the matrix. Trust me.

I have tried to watch it but I have always been doing some other stuff at the same time so the story has not "hooked" me. Besides, I am not a big fan of science fiction either, but I am going to follow your advice and give it another try, this time with full attention. And I recommend you to see "The good the bad and the ugly" in case you haven't seen it. Best movie I have ever seen.