Comfort Activity

palenikana

Do any of you have an activity where it makes you feel comfortalbe with no worries surrounding you. I find surfing to be very tranquil, however this is a problem for me considering I live far from the ocean, and I can only do this about once a year. I think doing this traveling and activity on my own has made me a stronger person doing things in public. Any of you have similar activities?

Colin

Yep, tranquil usually. If I am talked into a situation involving people, it helps to have a distraction large enough or an activity interesting enough so that I know nobody will look at me. For social areas, museums are comfortable, some more than others, in my area the ROM. Visiting places that are not crowded, such as ruins.
Inside the house is comfortable, but knowing I have put myself in a cage is distracting and agitating. Nature trails are good.

Chilling__Echo

mmm i wish i could surf! i like taking walks. i feel like i can blend in in big crowds. watching other people as opposed to thinking i'm being watched! :wink:

dan246

Skiing. Though the season is almost over and I didn't get as many days as I had hoped. When I ski I can go to the less crowded trails and make my runs in peace. It's always so quiet... all you can hear is the wind and your skis whipping through the snow. I always feel so relaxed when the day is through.

Damien

playing bass, playing piano oh and building/fixing things electronic or renovating the house.

Damien

Chrisfishes

Scuba Diving for sure. Just you and the fishes and even if someone wants to talk you they can't, for me it doesn't get more relaxing. I am an diving instructor, and I will be moving to the caribbean in a couple months to live. Warm water is a nececssity for me but there are nice places to dive in north america, australia, even england. Check it out, I can give anyone a relaxed lesson if you can't face the dive shops where you live. :D

Scottish_Player

I enjoy kayaking,i go to Loch Lomond in scotland just to paddle around.Its lets me get on my own with no one to bother me and the peace and quiet is just amazing :D like someone has said before the silence just makes everything so relaxing,havent been in a while will maybe do it again soon :wink:

annie

Geez, you guys are incredible with all the comfort activities that you try to do like surfing, skiing, playing instruments (which I am hopeless), scuba diving sounds wonderful, but I am with Horatio at the moment sleeping as I work so bloody hard I need my sleep.

Would love to learn to surf and scuba dive though :wink:

annie

maggie

I am with annie and Horatio on the sleeping thing, also listening to music, loud music. Driving at night (when noone can see me inside my truck) with the music cranked is the best! But, mine do sound kind of boring, and "unathletic" compared to a lot of yours :?

ppaul

For me...... kitesurfing. at the beach. so much free room if you go out to secluded spot and go out far. just you and the ocean, so far from the nearest person.

somtimes its actually good on those overcast drab days when the swell is huge, just feels like mother nature is throwing everything she can at you...feel really overwhelmed (in a good way). and sometimes when you jump...just feels like your never gonna come down. love that feeling.

just started surfing too (been out twice)...... but you have to sit around waiting for waves and dont have as much freedom to manouver.

Im with LillMiss tragic on the camping thing. so good to get away.