Comparing Mandela's death with Paul Walker's

WaningMoon

And I'm hating it so much.

The hypocrisi of people makes me wanna throw up. I've seen a thousand pictures on Facebook where they say: "You are sad because Paul Walker died but you don't care about Mandela, then youhave a problem." and stuff.

First of all I don't find a reason why someone would feel they have the authority to measure the importance of anyone's death. Second of all, they are talking about two different people, from different times. Yes, Paul Walker was an enterteiner, so just because of that he deserves to be minimized? If people watched his movies and want to pay tribute, is that wrong?

For me, this is just hypocrite people complaining. Most of them doesn't even know Mandela's life or know just a little (I'm one of them). I'm not substracting merit to Mandela or saying Paul Walker is better. It's just I don't find useful this stupid comparison. It's frivolous, simplistic, and it's just tu put themselves in an intelectual level, it's ridiculous.

Silatuyok

I haven't witnessed this myself, but I'd have to agree with you there. Facebook is no place to attempt to display intellectual superiority anyway.

MikeyC

lol! I so hope that's not real. :giggle:
It might not be, but it probably is!

Regarding the original statement, it's far too difficult to compare the deaths of Paul Walker and Nelson Mandela. They're too vastly opposing walks of life. Why would you compare them, anyway? What's the point?

WaningMoon

It might not be, but it probably is!

Regarding the original statement, it's far too difficult to compare the deaths of Paul Walker and Nelson Mandela. They're too vastly opposing walks of life. Why would you compare them, anyway? What's the point?

I don't find the point, either. It's just ridiculous.

Xervello

To be honest, I find Paul's death more sad. Nelson Mandela lived his life, he already made his mark on the world. His time had passed. Much is coming out about who Paul was. Seemed like a decent guy, and did good for others. In that sense, it is kind of hypocritical because most people will miss him for his crappy movies rather than who he was as a person. But I also think a lot of it has to do with celebrity identification. People projecting whatever they want onto these people, and it's no surprise to me that others are affected so deeply when they die. As for Mandela, his death will now educate people on who he was.

WaningMoon

To be honest, I find Paul's death more sad. Nelson Mandela lived his life, he already made his mark on the world. His time had passed. Much is coming out about who Paul was. Seemed like a decent guy, and did good for others. In that sense, it is kind of hypocritical because most people will miss him for his crappy movies rather than who he was as a person. But I also think a lot of it has to do with celebrity identification. People projecting whatever they want onto these people, and it's no surprise to me that others are affected so deeply when they die. As for Mandela, his death will now educate people on who he was.

Yes, I agree... It's two very different stories and two different human beings. It's frivolous and hypocrite people is trying to see which death was more important and which we should care more.

coyote

the world would be a much different place if Nelson Mandela had driven his $500,000 Porsche into a lamp post

Last edited: