Comparing myself to others

Blenderhead

I think this is the biggest source of my depression. I can't deny that other people DO have friends, they DO get sex, they do have meaningful careers that give them a reason to get up and get going.
I'm in my early 40's. I do have a decent paying job, but it is for a greedy corporate treadmill that treats the employees like crap. I could have acquired this job out of high school.
I've NEVER had any confidence! I see others and their jobs and assume that I would be too stupid to do those things and I'd be a laughing stock.
I have a few friends, but I don't think they really respect me, and I'm sure it would be a rude awakening if I ever heard what they said behind my back.
I have developed an obsession with the fact that when I was a teenager, I used to huff glue to get high. I did this quite a bit, and I'm constantly stalked by the fear that I damaged my brain, thus making it impossible to achieve a life I can be proud of.
I'm tall, in fairly good shape, and have been told I'm very good looking, But I CAN'T GET LAID! I must be projecting a lack of confidence. I'll never understand how to muster up this confidence with year upon year dragging on with not even being touched by a woman.
I have no positive note on which to end this. I just needed to get some things off my chest. Thanks.

ImNotMyIllness

Judging from your post, if you suffered any brain damage, you certainly have enough gray matter to compensate. You come off as coherent and intelligent. But, if you're going to obsess about your brain, get an MRI done. Talk to a few doctors. I have OCD. When I was 17 I thought I had lice and would not put my head on anything that my friends owned. It was as stupid fear. All I had to do was to see a doctor or a hair stylist and ask. They would have said, "NO, you don't have lice." But, I was too ashamed, and the anxiety about having lice carried on for 5 years.

As far as women. Just like life, nothing ventured, nothing gained.