Complete loss of motivation

Angel_Of_Death

Here is my situation. Normally I have different cycles, in which some cycles are positive, I don't feel too depressed and I feel motivated in the stuff that are important, school, work, workouts ect...And then there are cycles where I feel down and depressed. These cycles can usually last some weeks or sometimes close to a month, it varies alot.

Lately however, I've been feeling a little different. In the last couple of weeks, I haven't really felt sad of depressed. At the same time I don't feel good either, just normal. But what's concerning me is my total loss of motivation for school and work. I just have this "I don't care" attitude lately and I can't help it. I spend my time drinking, smoking weed, and picking up hookers and gambling. I know all these things are "bad", but I don't have the motivation for anything important, I've dropped some classes in school, been missing work alot. But still, I haven't felt depressed or anything, although I suspect it could hit me anytime.

When I think rationally, I know my self destructive habits are bad and I need to change and focus on important thing if I want to have a chance for any success in my life. But I just can't get motivated or find the energy to be motivated. Physically I often feel tired and lazy but that's nothing new in my case.

Have you guys ever felt or feel this way, how can I get the motivation ?

MrDooBee

My opinion is that its the depression that makes you go in cycles, you have to be really careful with the drinking because it causes depression. So if you can really cut back the booze i rekon it would really help your mood.

Im really struggling with this at the moment, i know its the booze which is making me feel really crap but i feel i got no more energy to fight it. Just sick of the constant struggle..

GloomySunday

Angel_Of_Death said:
Have you guys ever felt or feel this way, how can I get the motivation ?

Yes. The answer is to stop drinking and to stop smoking weed. Both are drugs that totally demotivate you. Try going without both for a fortnight and see the difference.