Confronted by Roomie

spaceboy135

Long story short (won't go into details), my roomie storms into the kitchen while I'm worn out from a long night of work and starts chewing me out about something I said to him in a text. All I could do was stand there and listen, wishing I had something perfect to say-- for a moment I felt like I was going to cry. Why? Because I've just never fared well in arguments, and I'm usually on the losing side. He was right in everything he said, so there was nothing for me to say-- I could only watch him be irrationally angry, while being half-deaf from my ear-infection and not understanding half of what he's saying. Why did I have to be so scared of this guy?

Well, got a long shift starting at 6:30 in the morning, so... I'm crashing. Cashier job went okay for the first real night I had tonight-- started out scary, but while I was at a loss for what to do a lot of the time and bagging groceries painfully slowly ALL the time, I dealt with the customers well.

I don't feel too bummed about the roomie thing tonight. I'm just feeling like avoiding him for a while. And wishing I were right for once, so I could put him in his place. Wishing I were the type that could get angry back at him, instead of getting hurt feelings from his anger.

NickyNacker

What ended up happening? Did he just walk away?
I'm really bad with confrontation. I get really uncomfortable and start laughing usually. And then it turns into sadness.

joyce

Long story short (won't go into details), my roomie storms into the kitchen while I'm worn out from a long night of work and starts chewing me out about something I said to him in a text. All I could do was stand there and listen, wishing I had something perfect to say-- for a moment I felt like I was going to cry. Why? Because I've just never fared well in arguments, and I'm usually on the losing side. He was right in everything he said, so there was nothing for me to say-- I could only watch him be irrationally angry, while being half-deaf from my ear-infection and not understanding half of what he's saying. Why did I have to be so scared of this guy?

Well, got a long shift starting at 6:30 in the morning, so... I'm crashing. Cashier job went okay for the first real night I had tonight-- started out scary, but while I was at a loss for what to do a lot of the time and bagging groceries painfully slowly ALL the time, I dealt with the customers well.

I don't feel too bummed about the roomie thing tonight. I'm just feeling like avoiding him for a while. And wishing I were right for once, so I could put him in his place. Wishing I were the type that could get angry back at him, instead of getting hurt feelings from his anger.

Thats horrible what he did , dont listen to him your the best just repeat that to your self :)