Constantly need to pee?

Len

Hi

I haven't seen a post regarding this so apologies if it has been mentioned before.

I am not sure if this is OCD but I spent about 5 years constantly checking whether or not I need to pee. This would make me anxious because I begin to think that I really do need to pee and when I get nervous I need to pee.

So for example, I wouldn't be able to go on long bus journey's and just generally get nervous if there is no toilet nearby. I think the toilet was my sanctuary when I got nervous around people and needed to escape.

I'm a lot better nowadays and learned to stop thinking about it constantly. I also learned to only go when I was bursting to get those bladder muscles strong again. Oh, and I'm a guy so of course this affected my manness. For some reason, women are associated with needing to pee whereas, men can drink 5 pints before they need to pee (if you get what I men).

Any thoughts? Anyone like to take the piss (hehe).

Kien

I felt something similar at age 11 I think. But for me it was only during the nights. I was always thinking that I needed to pee. Which made me very uncomfortable when I was sleeping somewhere else than home.

Aciddrip

Finally, I found someone with the exact same thing as me. This is running my life and I can't do certain things cause I worry about it all the time. Example: I have always wanted to go skydiving, but the reason I don't is because I would be too nervous in the plane ride. How did you train yourself to put it out of your mind? The worst is when i get nervous, even if I just went it takes no time at all and I need to go again...urgently! I sure could use some advice on how you dealt with this.

Do you get dizzy spells that last all day?

Remus

Staff member
I got the "nervous wee" thing a few years back, was linked to a very anxious time in my life, I used to have an eye that twitched too, I drank water alot as I felt like I was choking, it was all in my head of course, the anxious stage passed and I was pretty much normal again.

Oh I did find that cutting caffiene and coke right down helped alot

philsgirl17

i totally understand what your going threw! i am the exact same way, i know why i am this way, its because when i was in the third grade i really needed to go to the bathroom at the end of the day and the teacher wouldnt let me so i got on the bus having to go and when i got on i ran off and the bus driver said she wouldnt wait for me, its affected me a lot since then, i was really upset for a while and had to keep going but now im alright, i started to get nervous like that again in 6th grade, its goes away though, i really hoped i helped. reading about all you guys with the same problem has truely helped me.

ps try to think of a time when this started and try to think why its happening to you. its helped me.

Lonelykitsune

Well,when im at home i dont need to pe that often.But when im about to go for long journeys i pee at any oppurtunity,even if i dont feel like it.I get nervous whn there is no toilet(like one time in france at a zoo and i had to go so badly) or when i hav to share with peopl other than family.Anothr thing is i cant use toilts that are just holes in the ground(lik in france),they have them everywhere instead of normal toilets and i just cant use them,i dont know why.(maybe cos its harder for girls,i dunno).And i always pee at any lunch breaks in school so i dont have to ask during class.i also ahte it whn there are other people in the toilets when i have to us them even though thre are cubicls

danstelter

Lol, this one was and is me too, but I'm a little different. I didn't use the bathroom as a sanctuary, but I do have to go much more than the average person and particularly so during the night...which makes sleeping hard.

What I have finally come to conclude is that even though my anxiety level has dropped off over the years and that I still continue to pee but not as bad (I've seen doctors for this and no biological basis can be found), is that the level of anxiety I still do feel converts itself in somatic form to urination. This can happen in different ways in regard to anxiety and I really haven't heard any personal stories for this, but it's what happened to me. I would like to hear if anyone else pees a lot because of their anxiety.

Emily_G

I am sometimes like this. Especially at night, I'll get up 3 times thinking I have to pee but nothing really comes out. I usually don't drink anything before long car rides, bus trips, plane rides, etc etc.