Constipation

JWH

Fuck yes, for me it is.

I have anxiety/allergy based IBS, so when I'm worrying I shit and when I'm not doing much in life I get constipated.

Chrisfishes

For me it's abdominable tension. Any stress before I go in the morning and it sets me off for a couple days... everytime.

Chilling__Echo

i always always always get upset stomachs and all that when i'm anxious. i think there's a direct connection between my mind and my bowels... which of course makes it worse

Remus

Staff member
eat musili or bran dudes

and wholemeal bread

lots of roughage!

(no more junk food!)

JWH

Remus, dude. I eat grains, rye and plenty of roughage. I don't eat junk, so please, oh doctor tell me what to do!

On a more serious note, I read an article where it's actually the combination of proteins and carbohydrates eaten at a meal which can cause constipation. The digestion of protein takes hours comared to the 45 mins of some carbohydrates (I believe). So if you eat proteins before carbs you may get some bloating going on.

annie

Chilling__Echo said:
i always always always get upset stomachs and all that when i'm anxious. i think there's a direct connection between my mind and my bowels... which of course makes it worse

I definitely agree with you Chilling that there is a direct connction between the mind and bowels. I also get the tummy pains etc when I am anxious or need to go out somewhere which is going to make me feel uncomfortable; it certainly triggers my anxiety to panic.
More research needs to be done in this area.

annie :)