Convinced i have HIV

JackOfSpades

I think what surewhynot is trying to say is to wear condoms and practice safe sex.

I don't know why you would ever not wear a condom with this person. And hopefully you learn from this. But it is possible to get treatment and to live a long productive life with HIV, these days.

Remus

Staff member
Never self diagnose, leave it to the professional. You can visit most hospitals in the UK at the GU clinic and get tested for free. I did that with an ex who was on the pill and turned out to be a serial cheater.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Can any other stds cause swollen lymph nodes or is it just HIV?
It doesn't take an STD to make a lymph node swell up. They can swell up when your body is fighting off just about anything. Based on what you've said, there's really no reason to think it's an STD at all. Or cancer.

Also, an ultrasound can tell if it's a lymph node that's swollen, but not why. The blood work might could tell why.

Remus is right--if you're worried about STDs, go get tested for them specifically.

Nanita

I experienced something very similar, believe me I know the feeling. I was expecting something was seriously wrong, but it turned out it was nothing, and my worries were all for nothing.

AGR

Kids, wear gloves.

That isnt enough though,you have to choose your partners very well,it baffles me that people dont think much about this,for example I know a guy who says that he cuts the top of his condom in an cross shape,he says that the condom looks normal,but when its pushed back by friction,you know what happens.....
This guy is in top two of most promiscuous guy I ever met,for sure he has something,the guy is full of those kind of stuff,he is the top 1 liar I ever met,yet girls go crazy for him,it really baffles me,and then when I turn down girls who go after guys like him I get scorn badly,I am only trying to take care of my health and well being.

twiggle

^ That guy you know sounds like an arrogant jerk. How deceitful to lead the girls into thinking all is being practised safely.

As for the OP... you definitely ought to visit a clinic for some clarification. I don't know much about HIV but from various other health anxieties in the past I know that the internet is full of a whole realm of contradictions. At least if you attend the clinic you can know once and for all. The likelihood is that you'll be okay. If not, then you'll be best placed in what to do next.