cooking

Flanscho

So for me, a bad mood / depressions / SA and so on come with a feeling of lethargy and apathy. Which makes me leave the house as little as possible and so on. Since I live alone, that means that I'm tempted to order unhealthy food, such as pizza.

So one thing I try to do is cook stuff myself. Like, get the very basic ingredients, and make something out of it. Before I do that, I often think that it would be far easier just to by some fast food or whatever, but then I buy fresh stuff anyway. And since that often comes in portions for more than one meal, I'm somewhat forced to cook soon again, to avoid the rest of the bought food turning bad.

And, it helps me. Beeing by myself, without distraction, and chopping up the vegetables and what not, it calms me down. Like some sort of meditation exercise. And the more I'm done cooking with a meal, the more happy and content I get, because I'm looking forward to the meal and I get curious on how it turns out and it looks better and betty. And I'm also happy because I know that this food is more healthy than fast food, and that my cooking skills will improve over time. While they won't help me pay my bills (though they do save money), they're still important. And it's something positive that enriches my life a bit in the long run.

And it also helps me socialize, in the long run, since I can then spend also evenings with friends and cook together. It's more social than cinema or something, where you sit silent next to each other, but it doesn't make me as nervous as a party or something, because I have something to do, to concentrate on.

Well, I just wanted to share that. Today I'm cooking some sort of rice pan, with bits of chicken and sausage (I'm german after all), sweet pepper, spring onions, a bit of garlic, chives and all kinds of spices. :) And it'll be ready in about 10 minutes.
hungry2.gif

Well, I just wanted to share that. It's one way for me to somewhat gives in to SA, in so far as I mostly cook alone in my flat, but turning it into something positive, that helps me weaken the SA over time and make me a happier person.

Edit: to motivate myself, I sometimes buy fast food (like frozen pizza or something) and the healthy stuff, and tell myself "ok, cook first, and if you are still really hungry, eat the fast food". Of course I'm not then hungry anymore. ^^ And no matter how much I screw up my life in future, this is simply another skill that makes me feel a bit better and valuable.

Last edited:
I'm new to cooking, I just made some garlic shrimp(why are shrimps so expensive?), delicious! Tomorrow I will mix the garlic shrimp with Alfredo Fettuccine, I will try to use milk here instead of heavy cream.

Flanscho

I'm new to cooking, I just made some garlic shrimp(why are shrimps so expensive?), delicious! Tomorrow I will mix the garlic shrimp with Alfredo Fettuccine, I will try to use milk here instead of heavy cream.

Oh, I tried garlic shrimp too some time ago. I added some tumeric as well, and add everything with rice. The tumeric is really good with it.

i love cooking too, ive been cooking dinner every night for my family for a while now. it was weird when i went to uni, going from cooking for 5 to cooking for 1 was a huge adjustment