Could OCD be stopping me from making progress?

Streifen

I have had fleeting experiences with therapy, usually because I could never stay in the area where I was receiving it too long before I had to move again. However, I have been diagnosed with OCD by two different therapists and wondered if this sounds like OCD behavior?

One of the main issues I have that I am aware of (and that other people have noticed about me) is that I'm so perfectionistic. Anything that falls out of line really throws me out of whack and sometimes its over things that other people would probably find so insignificant. I have had multiple email accounts, deviantArt accounts, Youtube accounts, you name it - because I became dis-satisfied with a name I was using and in scrapping it, decided to scrap identical names on other forums because I wanted everything to match. Sometimes I come up with a great name, register it, never or barely use it, then scrap it. I've come up with multiple pseudonyms for myself. I'm ever in the search for something to be perfect and be so undeniably me.

I've even applied to and attended more colleges than anyone I know, because either I didn't feel that the situation ended up being right for me and I wanted to try something else or something happened and I was too embarrassed to go back to that particular institution. I've also made things harder on myself by taking too long to get something done because I kept redoing it over and over because I didn't feel it was good enough. I was always the one who wasn't finished by the end of class in in-class exercises. When I have been in relationships, I agonize that I may not be with the person who is my best match.

I often feel like I need to be tied up so that I don't destroy/create an army of accounts, identities or situations I don't need just because I have some kind of compulsion to find the perfect solution, yet always doubt what I already have.

Having revealed this, I will state that I intend to find a therapist again as soon as I am able (I don't have health coverage at the moment), but can anyone identify with this or deem it perhaps OCD related or does it sound like something else?

Note: If anyone who likes anime has seen Soul Eater, I feel so much like Death the Kid! lol

Last edited: