Couples piss me off

Ignace

Most couples in my age category of this time are not couples, they're 2 people who think they are desperate in love with each other, but they just seem to be using them for not being alone, have sex and be able to show off like this: "Look ! I got a girlfriend and she's hot!"

AGR

I feel good for them,what pisses me off is if someone is not sincere with the other one,I cant begin to explain how much this pisses me off,I feel a huge urge to get in the way and tell but I dont,I lose so much respect for this person.

Liberty

Banned
Why is that depressing? Even if we take that "very" simplistic point of view (not in terms of the ideas, but in your narrow scope of them), do we not nevertheless feel the emotion of joy and elation with a significant other?

I don't know I've never had one. btw italics work better to stress a word than quotations

WorldEndsWithMe

Whenever I get mad at couples it's normally just because I'm jealous =( or because they're eating each others faces and I'm really grossed out. LOL!

I'm take it or leave it when it comes to relationships. I wouldn't mind having one, but I'm not obsessed about it.

lonely_drummer

i feel ya. alot of people i know are in the wrong relationships just because they cant handle the fact of being alone. then they will break up and my friend will just hop onto the next person. while theres me on the other hand enjoying my seclusion. To be happy you need to know who you are and find out who you are, not let someone elses existence define who you are, just doesnt make sense. however i used to be afraid of being alone, then i got out of my last relationship and havent looked back. I found new and exciting activities to pre occupy my time at first, then i began to find out who I really am and thats me.

Tiercel

Couples don't piss me off. They just make me sad that I've never found anyone to share life with. And there have been plenty of "perfect" moments that were ruined when I realized that the only way they could be more perfect would be if I was with someone special.

But I don't feel like nothing because I am alone. I feel like I'm nothing, so I'm alone. Ladies find nothing sexier than some well-misplaced confidence and self esteem. :rolleyes:

applegirl

Couples don't piss me off but when I look at me I feel confused. I guess I was the girl who grew up playing with barbie dolls and reading fairytales where the prince is the one who saves the princess. It's like i understand what it means to love someone like that but yet I don't understand because I haven't experienced that kind of love yet. I am 20 years old. haven't ever had a boyfriend yet. not sure i ever will. I just can't picture myself liking someone so much to the point i'd want that person around me so close like that. when i see couples on the streets holding hands and cuddling and kissing/making out it's like i don't see how i could ever allow someone to be so intimate and close in my personal space in that way. i really don't think i'm ready for a relationship at this point in my life. a relationship like that won't fix my social anxiety. that's just it. i don't feel whole with myself unless i move forward. until i'm whole enough i'll avoid a romantic relationship.

Pink_Paula

I used to really get peed off when i saw a couple especially if they were all loved up it would do my head in, but now it doesn't bother me, i think good on them for being in love!

agoraphobickatie

happy couples certainly don't piss me off... but what you were saying about people being with abusive asshats because they don't want to be alone, that pisses me off! haha.. it gets on my nerves! i call it "stupid girl syndrome", i can't stand a girl with stupid girl syndrome.. it's really hard for me to be around them or be friends, because most of the time, all they do is complain about a situation that they have no intention of fixing or getting out of! haha!

anyway.. there is certainly more to life than love! we have so much to learn and do before we can fully be in love and give our entire selves to someone... people just don't understand that =/

omnighost

I would have to agree with the topic statement. People are way to concerned with being wanted and loved by someone. I might be alone but I chose it. It seems like everyone I went to high school with is married and has at least one kid. I have nothin against relationships but people force themselves into them then get divorced or stay in there unhappy relationship for the rest of their lives. It's like the first person they find that they have an attraction to and can tolerate to be around for long periods of time is automatically the right person forever and ever. They never take into account what happens if I get married and realize I can't stand living with this person. Yeah, relationships are hard work but why force yourself into something you don't necessarily want.

I like to spend my time meditating, hiking through the wilderness, driving around, listening to music and just trying to relax.

This may suprise you :eek:

but my circle of friends are between 28 yrs and 55 yrs mostly in their 40's like me and the majority are single .

so maybe age makes you more accepting and willing to be single for the right reasons than in a couple for being a couple for the sake of it.