CS, possible remedy

tmore

there is 2008 medical article from UK on the International Hyperhidrosis website as to the direct "endoscopic administration of botulism to the sympathetic chain" to stop CS. go to sweathelp.org, med professionals, library, medical journal articles, 7th entry

anyone try this or curious?

Jezza

No, botulism is the disease...Botox is roughly a weakend form of the substance that causes the nerve damage in botulism. It should say botox applied I guess...And it seems a little weird to do something like that...going to read the article.

jjubbs

Wow, this sounds very encouraging for anyone whose quality of life has been diminished by ETS.
I wonder if this could be used on generalized sweaters like myself that haven't had ETS...

TMore - have you had ETS? And are you going to investigate this procedure with a doctor?

tmore

jjubbs, yes had sympathectomy way back in 1989. cauterization type. main trouble during past 20 has been CS in warm weather,sun or anxious moments. best stuff for me so far has been obadan spray on chest and back. also for better smell and dryer feel on feet/shoes, geranium oil. all the antichlor.... give me dazed, tired out of it feeling including ditropan.

been dealing with cs for all this time, so i'm not in great rush here. thought perhaps that some folks in England with CS could see this doctor to see if a consensus could be reached on its efficacy. cheers

Jezza

Basically, by apllying the botox, they extend the sympathectomy to a further level. What would be very interesting to find out is whether or not the botox wears of in a while for everyone, like it usually does in HH. That way, people with HH could find out what ETS would do for them without it being permanent.

That's really what's my main objection is with ETS. That the results could potentially be very negative and would then be permanent and secondly that, while there has been somewhat more energy being put into HH by medics lately, in the end a better treatment could come along with less side-effects and then it would suck to have had ETS done.

So the question really for me is, does the botox wear off (the study implies it does) and how long does that take (if it takes too short, insurance companies will try their best not to fork over over the cash to do repeated treatments for sure, if it takes too long I might not want to take the risk...)