d

lonelycody

I work but it is not by choice, I live by myself and need to suport myself. My job is very good for my sp. I drive taxis for a living so you have to talk to your passengers. Some of them don't want to talk to you just get from one point to the next but other like to talk the whole way about anything.

This job has made me realise that not everyone is out to hurt me and that there are some really nice people out there. I used to shake everytime someone hopped into my taxi as I am very nervous around people I don't know very well but this is getting better by the day.

I have also had jobs where there was no interaction required with other people, at the time I found this was really good but in the long run my sp was getting worse as I need to have the contact with people otherwise I withdraw and isolate. Even being in a roomful of people you can feel lonely

Anonymous

I work with a bunch of assholes who ARE out to get me. It's not paranoia; in the last three weeks I've been accused of one major screwup and one super-serious fireable infraction, neither of which I did. People constantly tattle to my boss about things real and imagined, rather than take them up with me. Needless to say, as I have to cover my ass and do the same, this office is getting damn miserable. Fortunately the department director is on my side. If thios crap kjeeps up I'm gonna start hinting that heads should roll. I'm not going to have these idiots put my livelihood in danger (I can screw my life up all by myself, thank you! LOL).

It's hard keeping myself from becoming paranoid in this environment. I've never dealt with such immaturity and unprofessionalism in my 8 years in the "real-job real world". SP and unstable moods make working really difficult, but I seem to do OK much of the time. I'd love to telecommute and work at home with no face-to-face contact, but that won't fly in this department, they need me in-house.

Tris

I work at an answering service so i talk to 100's of people a day, its hard but i kinda got used to it. you will get used to all the noise just give it time and dont give up!

introvert

i work in a call center. not by choice obviously. i have to speak to about 40 people per day solving all their problems n stuff. in the beginning it was hell, now i do quite well (but that does NOT mean i like this work). My only weakness is small talk.. when they go like.. so yeah hows it going over there, and I'm like... um *dumdedum*... yeah.. its good... lol. the negatives with this work are that 1) i dont like it lol 2) i get all sweaty from the constant 'on the edge' and that just plain sucks. I wish my social skills would be fixed just as easy as i fixed my phone skills and confidence, but nope, the outside social world is like the complete opposite

legin

I work in local government, to start with it work was awful, but I have a mortgage and bills to pay so needs must. I can cope with any situations at work, but it is just a front for work.
We have a social club at my place of work, everyone is an automatic member it has a bar with subsidised drinks, a team for darts, pool, cricket golf, football, Gym and sports centre memberships, cycling, day trips shopping in France and guess what…........ I have never been in there … yet they are the same people I work with. Stupid isn’t it. :?

shy_uk

legin said:
I work in local government, to start with it work was awful, but I have a mortgage and bills to pay so needs must. I can cope with any situations at work, but it is just a front for work.
We have a social club at my place of work, everyone is an automatic member it has a bar with subsidised drinks, a team for darts, pool, cricket golf, football, Gym and sports centre memberships, cycling, day trips shopping in France and guess what…........ I have never been in there … yet they are the same people I work with. Stupid isn’t it. :?

I dont think its stupid. We all have our likes and dislikes as well and from the list I think the gym idea might interest me but thats the only one.

Regards...Shy_UK

judderman

Yes, I work in an administrative role. I do it because of necessity rather than choice. Contact with customers is mainly via email and phone, but obviously I have to interact with colleagues. I don't really have much to do with them and vice versa. Not an ideal situation, but it could be worse I suppose.

Faith

J said:
I work with a bunch of assholes who ARE out to get me. It's not paranoia; If thios crap kjeeps up I'm gonna start hinting that heads should roll. I'm not going to have these idiots put my livelihood in danger (I can screw my life up all by myself, thank you! LOL).

LMAO!!!
roflfunny.gif

Fortunately, I work with some great people who have become "kinda" close friends. I have staff meetings to attend, sometimes round table intros when there's new people on board, things like that.

Not a lot of face to face interactions, that's probably why I'm still at this job. :roll:

Faith

introvert said:
My only weakness is small talk.. when they go like.. so yeah hows it going over there, and I'm like... um *dumdedum*... yeah.. its good... lol.

Arrrgh!! Can't stand the small talk! Especially when a "yapper" gets into the elevator with me and she/he recognizes me from work. Thank God for those little tevos in the corner of the elevator! :wink:

i work in industrial construction...and as long as i can get to know some people im all good....but starting a new project with hundreds of men in close quaters scares the crap out of me...i have quit many a job just wish i could get past this!

2QuietForThem

I work for a company that requires interaction with our government customers. Luckily, I have to be near a computer in case urgent work comes up, so I'm pretty much left out of that requirement. I hardly ever talk, but I guess because I don't cause problems and do my work, they want to keep me around. High five to myself - I got a $10,000 yearly raise last week! Right out of the blue. No idea what I did and I didn't question it either. Show me the money!