Date tommorow...what am i going to talk about?

Toomuchfear

Hi, I'm going out with a girl tommorow. I hope she doesn't stand me up.
I live in a boring town, so I suggested we go to the beach, maybe bring some food.

But I'm very worried. I've spoken to her before, and I know what she does/works/wants to do in the future, and I've even played a few 'get-to-know-you' games. I can't think of any interesting stories to tell. I'm worried the whole date will be a massive awkward silence as I've used up all my conversation ideas.

A lot of people have suggested questions to ask a girl. E.g. "whats your favourite childhood memory?"'if you were God for a day, what would you do?' But she will find it weird if these questions suddenly come from out of nowhere... and I find people always say "don't know" in response anyway.

This is my first time I've asked a girl out. I don't want to stuff it up. What did I say?

If you think about what you're gonna say, you'll make it worst. Try not not overthink it. No matter how boring the town is, I'm sure you have not-so embarassing but funny own stories to tell. And i'm sure you like something and you know it enough to talk about it.

But asking questions is a wise advice, she has to know that you care about what she likes and does, and how she is.

And be proud, by asking a girl out you've got way further than most of the male posters here.

Toomuchfear

I will try, I have a tendency to try too much. My brain goes numb.

Thankyou. I've known her for a year. I knew she was really keen on me, but I wanted her to ask me out. It's never that simple. So months went past, I plucked up the courage, and I mentioned to her I had day off, and if she was free also that day. She said Yes. I usually get 'I am busy' so it took me aback, and I started talking crap. Luckily, the crap didn't put her off.

Toomuchfear

It's at a nearby beach, there's not much to do here at all, it's either there or go for a coffee/pub- but I find these places intimidating . There is a much better one half hour away but we would have to get the train. I'm 24, a frisbee would have been a good idea, i never thought about that, pity I have nothing like that to take. I might bring some food, make it a bit picnic-y.

What do you mean the beach is a bit too much? I would understand if I'd have said 'come back to mine and watch movies' or 'let's go to dinner' . I think a walk/beach is just right, not that I've had much experience. She said it 'sounds good.'

It was hard to ask her out in the first place, it's taken me years to pluck up the courage to do something like this. All I can say is be ready for rejection, it's happened a lot but I didn't give up.

commenter39

Hi, I'm going out with a girl tommorow. I hope she doesn't stand me up.
I live in a boring town, so I suggested we go to the beach, maybe bring some food.

But I'm very worried. I've spoken to her before, and I know what she does/works/wants to do in the future, and I've even played a few 'get-to-know-you' games. I can't think of any interesting stories to tell. I'm worried the whole date will be a massive awkward silence as I've used up all my conversation ideas.

A lot of people have suggested questions to ask a girl. E.g. "whats your favourite childhood memory?"'if you were God for a day, what would you do?' But she will find it weird if these questions suddenly come from out of nowhere... and I find people always say "don't know" in response anyway.

This is my first time I've asked a girl out. I don't want to stuff it up. What did I say?

First, it s a great effort a sociophobic to attend something like that.U must keep going. Just act yourself be naturel, it s not a job interview so u do not need to attack her with a bunch of weird questions:)
i think u wanna fly under the radar not to be detected (as a sociophobic of course) it s fair enough but a man cannot live when he tries to plan every single moment of such a simple activity like that
do not forget it may go wrong even for those not sociophobic

mozart87

congratulions for asking her out. as other guys said just let it happen...anything will happen will be a good experience for your next dates;)

reslo

I tend to have a few questions that I rely on if i don't know what to say... i think that its important to realize that the girl has free will, if she didnt want to come she wouldnt be there! I think its just important to try to keep the ball rolling sometimes conversation topics drop and thats ok, just gotta find something else to talk about.

Always start with a compliment!
Have you been here before? Is there other beaches/bars/restaurants that you like to go to?
What are you going to do for *upcoming holiday*?
So if you weren't hanging out with me, what do you think you would be doing?

but whats boring to you may be different to someone else. so you can talk about places youd like to go, or see what places they have been.

its not an interview, its supposed to be fun. some dates are bad, some are good, but at least for me, I think it helps me grow.
--- ^ cute response, hermitcrab! lol