Dating sites - saying you're not interested to someone

nightcrawler

I belong to a dating site that lets you message people for free. Sometimes I get nice, friendly messages from women, but who I'm not attracted to. How would you deal with this? I could just not reply, but if they've taken the time to send you a nice message then I kinda feel obligated to reply. However I also don't want to lead them on in any way, so how would you tell them you're not interested? What's the best way to word it? I don't want to offend/upset anyone - saying something like "I'm not attracted to you" then I may as well be saying "I don't find you attractive"! :rolleyes:

Daniel089

Hello!

I would just not reply at all, you see I'm registered on a dating site where you can only send 7 letters per month. Like 8 girls messaged me during the first month, only some of them I replied to. But if you can send unlimited amount of messages, then my advice is a) don't reply b) tell that you're already dating someone else (whether it's true or not)
But I wouldn't write something like "I don't find you attractive", even if you're telling the truth, I don't have the guts to write that to someone, girls have feelings and all.
Oh and anyway why not message with multiple girls in the same time? It's OK as long as you've already met one of them in person.

Last edited:

Raichel

Good points made by Daniel. Personally I would just not reply at all. That in itself is a clear enough message without offending anyone.

JackOfSpades

I don't have good advice but I will say I hate getting the no answer thing worse than getting a "not interested". It feels so disrespectful to me.

SM1010

Don't reply.

Women don't respond to my messages if they're not interested. Thus, I don't respond to women's messages if I'm not interested.