Dating website for people with HH?

Cloud_Gazer

Hi! I was just wondering if there is a dating website that allows you to meet other people with HH.

I figured that it would take out a lot of the anxiety associated with meeting someone new :)

Sprawling

Honestly, I feel it isn't necessary. I've learned to just communicate and inform your potential date about your HH. I have personally found most people will just accept what you have. The ones that don't accept are the ones you don't need in your life. I've been married, divorced, had a child, long term relationships etc. Yup, HH sucks. Informing others has helped me cope along with doing my ionto treatments for my hands.

Cloud_Gazer

Wouldn't it just be simpler? You wouldn't have to explain yourself so much - they would be able to understand you much better :)

Sprawling

There is so much more to us than just HH. Relationships aren't simple. People have all kinds of embarrassing health issues. Ours is just one of many. Maybe my viewpoint has changed since I'm in my upper 50 now. If only HH was just my only problem. I have survived HH it's the other life changing stuff that gets in my way. Dating someone with HH is not going to solve much. You will still encounter the billion other issues that will potentially doom your relationship, enhance your relationship or just plainly open you up to the ever changing experiences called LIFE.

I see that you are all Newbee posters here. There is lots of advice here. This topic is anything but new. Take some time to delve into the postings here. Even better, find a forum that talks about relationship issues.

sean_turner74

I agree with Sprawling. Years ago I thought I was hopeless because I was single and never had a girlfriend. I thought my excessive sweating would gross out all girls and because of that, I didn't bother making a real effort to find someone.

Fast forward a few years and I worked on my self-esteem and confidence and before I knew it, I found a loving young woman and we've been together for close to 3 years now (I'm 33 now). I do sweat around her but once I explained it to her the first time (she remarked my hands were sweaty when we held hands, and I told her it's a medical condition), my sweating, which involves full-body sweating, hasn't stopped her from falling in love with me and we're talking about marriage too.

She understands it's a personal issue for me and does her best to support me, and has never made a big deal about it. While there have been times I get so sweaty around her (including when intimate), she's ok just ignoring it or giving me time to cool/dry off. Honestly the only times it's been an issue is when I made it an issue and when I don't make it an issue I feel so comfortable around her.

My advice is to find ways to build your confidence and self-esteem; that's what makes you attractive to other people, so they see past your sweat. I'm sure you can find someone without HH that will love and accept you. It may just take time, but there are people out there without HH or any prior knowledge of it, who is the right one for you. Trust me!

Last edited:

Sprawling

I agree with Sprawling. Years ago I thought I was hopeless because I was single and never had a girlfriend. I thought my excessive sweating would gross out all girls and because of that, I didn't bother making a real effort to find someone...

Well said!!!! :bigsmile: