Dating websites

Silentknight

I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried one before and if they've ever had any success (even if it was just one date)? Are they even worth trying?

spect01

I've never tried one but I can tell you for guys it's a nightmare. You have to send all the messages first because of how outnumbered the male>female ratio is on the sites. You have to be extremely lucky for a girl to message you first. Also the people go by looks alot. They'll base their decision to message you based on what you look like. You need to have an interesting profile. Good status too. Like money and all that. It won't hurt to try one of the free ones but don't hold your breath.

Felgen

My experience is that the free ones are better than the ones who require a paid subscription. Having said that, some of the girls on these sites are to arrogant to even decline your request and won't bother to answer you.

I met my fiance on OkCupid | Free Online Dating, but it was years ago and I don't know how good it is now. Also, I met him through the chat room they had then, we never really used the messaging and stuff, and they don't have a chat room anymore.

mads

I met my fiancee on match.com so I have tried it and I have good experiences with it.

vichyssoise

I met my boyfriend on Ok!Cupid. Thank you, Ok!Cupid, for ending my singledom. It has changed in the last couple of years and has lots of weird applications and I find it mind-boggling. I agree that it sucks for guys. I have never approached any guy on there, but I obviously was too embarrassed. Most girls don't even have a need to approach anybody because they get so many messages. And yet, it's a good chance for shy people and you get an opportunity to meet somebody with the same interests. Even if you're shy, you can still take a decent picture and write a few eye-catching lines. Of course, it doesn't mean that it works for everyone but setting up an account doesn't take much, so...