Depressed

Bexi

Feel very depressed right now :( keep thinking about harming myself, I have got so close to doing it, I wish i could be happy tho :(

paul

hey bexi -- I'm sorry you're feeling this way :( Depression really does bad things to people. Unfortunately like social anxiety it's not something you can make go away with a snap of your fingers.
Depression can make you feel self-hating and sadly I'm not very good at giving advice with that, partly due to the fact that I don't know how to overcome it. The problem with it is that no matter how much other people like and care about you, it doesn't change the fact that you dont like yourself.
Completely contradictory to what i just said, Bexi you are an amazing person! Yes I know I dont know you in real life but you are caring, helpful, good at giving advice, and you accept people. I don't associate any negative qualities with you -- and I tend to be very critical of people. I know that sometimes all the effort life takes sometimes seems not worth it, but you are worth it. I think -- I'm sure that you can get over these terrible diseases, and it won't be easy, but due to the fact that you DO have great personality traits and a positive attitude, I have faith that you will.

I hope you feel better, Bexi -- never feel afraid to ask us at SPW for help :D

zoooo

Oh no.. Did you try to watch Monthy Python or work out last time? I know it's really really difficult, and I know it can seem hopeless and that nothing will ever make you feel better, but I know distraction sometimes can help anyway..

About self harm, I don't really know what to say apart from PLEASE DON'T DO IT. I haven't, but from others that have, it's addictive and painful and.. bad..

And as we've already established that you a quite a catch and very pretty, we need you to stay that way :)

I wish I could say something that'll help you, but all I can think of is:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Oh my God! We're on film!
Welcome, gentle Sir Knight, to the Castle Anthrax!
The beds here are warm and soft.....and very, *very* big.
Sir Galahad.....the Chaste.
We are but 8 score younge blondes and brunettes...all between 16 and 19 1/2....
And after the spanking.... the Oral Sex!!
A spanking, a spanking!!!
No, I am Zoot's identical twin sister, Dingo.
Silence, FOUL TEMPTRESS!!!
We were in the nick of time; you were in great peril!
Oh, let me have just a *little bit* of Peril?
Oh, that's an *unladen* swallow's flight, obviously.
It was the dreaded three-headed knight, the fiercest creature for yards around!
You've killed the best man!
We have found a witch! May we burn her?
I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
There are some who call me... Tim?
Look! There's the old man from Scene 24!
Hey...I've got a great idea! Why doesn't Launcelot go?
Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper. I am not afraid!
What is your name? What is your quest? What is the capital of Assyria?
Well, you have to know these sorts of things when you're a king, you know...
Bring out your dead!
I told 'em we've already *got* one!
You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs!
Ah blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur Keeeng"!
I fart in your general direction!
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
Maybe if we made a giant badger....
Aaaarthur... Aarthur, King of the Britons...
Oh don't grovel!
Well KNOCK IT OFF!

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEE!!

(out of breath..)

zoooo

paul said:
Bexi you are an amazing person! Yes I know I dont know you in real life but you are caring, helpful, good at giving advice, and you accept people. I don't associate any negative qualities with you -- and I tend to be very critical of people. I know that sometimes all the effort life takes sometimes seems not worth it, but you are worth it. I think -- I'm sure that you can get over these terrible diseases, and it won't be easy, but due to the fact that you DO have great personality traits and a positive attitude, I have faith that you will.

I hope you feel better, Bexi -- never feel afraid to ask us at SPW for help :D

Agree with every single word!!

Bexi

O how i love monty python! Those quotes were great. There is no particular reason why, I just feel so depressed sometimes, it is overwhelming me :(

aoao

awww SEXIBEXI *hugs* i got myself out of a deep depression i had a few months ago where i came close to wanting to harm myself too. DON'T do it my love. you make me want to change my icon on here to something more positive :/ but anyways, i feel bad, bex you're such a sweet person. keep your head up high and just try your damnedest to make your situation a positive one. that's the only advice i have... :? that's all it took for me. re-evaluate my way of thinking and stop with the pessimism. i feel like my life is going nowhere fast, but at least i have a job and i'm doing what i can to rebuild what was lost because of my anxiety/mood swings. *sigh*

here just for you bexi
P1010074.jpg

i hope that helps in some way? hehe. i know i don't look thrilled but i hate smiling in pictures because i have small eyes and if i smile, i squint. yay for my new camera! :D

Bexi

cool pic! Tis hard sometimes to be an optimistic girl in this pessimistic world :( however, i do try xx

Danfalc

Banned
Heya Bexi

I know saying im sorry for how you feel doesnt change much, but i am, you seem a lovley girl and i wish you didnt feel the way you do.My advice probaly isnt much use, and please dont be insulted if these are things you do already and im just pointing out the obvious.But i started my c.b.t recently, and ive been told to write down what i do everyday and also rate my mood per hour.I think the point of this thing is to try and identify things that lift your mood, or certain routines which prolong the low mood.Maybe you could give that a shot.Failing that, try and distract yourself with somthing you enjoy untill it passes.Sorry if my advice insults you as your a smart girl and probaly deal with your depression better than i do.

Hope you feel better soon :!:

aoao

aw

yeah what he said.

but um.. i don't smile :/ it's just.. no. i tried to take pics of me smiling when i took that picture, it just doesn't work. i always look stupid.

redlady

sun.jpg

I thought i would give you a bit of sunshine in a lame attempt to brighten up your mood my friend.
I think this picture is highly representitive of you Bex - Even in spite of the dark that is inside of you - you radiate a sweetness and unabashed kindness and you allow those around you to blossom. I think you are a real sweetheart.

Boundless

I wish there was something i could do :( i wish i could reach inside you and remove all those bad feelings and make you feel good :|

redlady

flowers.jpg

If i lived near you i would bring you a bunch of these - i know they look a bit gaudy but the colour in itself would cheer you up - i love colour, it cheers me.

redlady

arted7.jpg

If i had a lot of money i would make a place just like this and bulid gorgeous little cottages on it - you could come and live here with me and we would be happy and everything would be glorious :D Aaaahhhh dreams.

ColdAsIce

Wow Bexi!!,

All these kind words just for you!!!... :D

If that isn't a good enough reason to put a smile on your pretty face then I don't know what is!!!

I suffer with bouts depression rather alot of the time too, so I know how you feel, we all deal with it in our own time and in our own way. I don't really have any advice but I just wanted you to know 'I understand'... :)

Bexi

Gosh, i am so touched by the ppl on here, i love those pictures u posted RED, they r great :) bless u all xxxxx

mara

Hi Bexi, I got depressed few months ago, I didn,t know the reason I felt so bad, and I couldn,t overcome it. I tried to change my way of thinking, my attitudes, but it didn,t work. So I decided to go to the psyquiatric and take meds (paroxetine).

Just in one month I started feeling good, and my life change with those meds. Now I am aware that I need those pills to be good, but I don,t mind, I just want to be happy, and I feel happy at last.

Bexi

Wicked! How did u know i drink soya milk tho??Spooky!! :)

Thank u for ur kindness McShy, u have a heart of gold (but I won't tell anyone, don't worry!) xxx

SPECTACULAR

Bexi, wash your face when you get these feelings and lie on your bed. and try to relax. That works with me.
Scream into a pillow. That should work too.